This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abandoned HD21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ryanschott View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 10:29am
well anything new on this been watching for a while take the parts off a running one get it out then put the parts back on the good one. 
Sponsored Links

Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2014 at 1:58pm
10,000 views and counting- must be a record for this forum!  Good story.
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2014 at 10:22am
This is in standby mode at this time. We actually found out that a timber company that had access here was going to do some bridge repairs and possibly use this access in the future. AC crazy is monitoring the road work to see if it happens.  The bridge was the biggest obstacle originally. We're still on it.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2014 at 10:08am
thats a big enough dozer nothing should stop it just get her running and go around the bridge or thru the woods i have  to believe not much would slow down that monster
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2015 at 10:36pm
How about an update.
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 7:37pm

Posted this one a while ago neighbor still has it said it ran good but no steering said he would sell it.

AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2015 at 10:53pm
Mike, Yes we should check on that. AC Crazy was assigned to keep us posted on weather or not bridge repairs had been done or started. He lives about a mile or 2 as the crow flies. It's a busy time of year out here now and not to conducive to tractor collecting, but as soon as it rains(if and when) it gets to wet to move this big stuff around. I'll give him an alert and I'm sure he'll check on that for all of us.
ACcrazy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2015 at 7:19am
Hey guys. I took a ride down there a few days ago and it looks like no one has been there.
I didn't walk all the way to the bridge but it was obvious no vehicles have been on that road.  Unhappy
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2015 at 9:27pm
been awhile any changes
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2016 at 9:26pm
A 2016 update.
Sorry had to do it
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 11:00pm
2017 ?
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2017 at 11:39pm
Oh yea good thinking Ryan
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2017 at 8:48am
I'd like to have that HD21 Gordy posted. Same old song.... shipping. Trucking that behemoth from Michigan to NC. $$$$$. We just don't have quality dozers down here.....at my budget.Big smile
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mathew 7:14
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 12:44am
ACCrazy, are you OK, haven't seen a post for a while, also wondering if anything has been done with/about the HD21.  Any fires go through that country?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
ACcrazy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 1:18pm
Thanks for your concern, John, I'm fine. The fires are about 150 miles south of me.

Unfortunately, no new updates on the 21.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2017 at 11:27pm
Thanks, I guess that is good news.  Glad you are doing fine too!

"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2017 at 11:58am
Gee if the there has been fire real near that the dozer this is the time to drag it through the river,or what ever the natural bearer is. But fire dose not even give access to a wilderness area.  
ACcrazy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ACcrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 9:13am
Don't want to shock anyone or get hopes up but here's an update.

Answered a CL ad selling an old Ford 352 engine and the seller happened to be an old friend of mine who incidently, lives by the HD21. Went to pick up the engine and as we were standing around shooting the sheeite, I off handedly asked him if he knew the owner of the 21 and he said yes--known her for years. He actually helps her out occasionally.
Well, I explained to him about wanting to purchase the machine from her to go to Mel for restoration and that we had lost contact with her. He said he would talk to her the next time he saw her on our behalf and put in a good word. I thanked him profusely.

Regarding the 21. Evidently his dad worked in the woods and had experience working with that machine! My friend remembers being around it when he was a kid. From what he says, the reason it was parked wasn't because of the steering but because of turbo problems. He didn't elaborate on what the problems were but they ended up running it without the turbo and consequently it didn't have much power, so they just used it on the log deck shoving logs around before parking it for good.

He said they tore up the paved part of the road by the condemned bridge so that way out is completely off the table. However, he did say there's other ways out, so that's encouraging!

Will post back when I get any news.

Hope all you guys are well and 2019 is treating you kindly so far! :) 
NEVER green View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEVER green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 10:57am

And the plot thickens...
2-8050 1-7080 6080 D-19 modelE & A 7040   R50       
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 10:25pm
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 10:23am
Very cool gentleman! Would be fantastic to rescue this old iron and get it back to running condition.

Good luck.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
Chuylara390 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chuylara390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2019 at 7:23pm
Hi all , we are very interested in buying parts we have one here in Mexico that we would love to fix , does anyone know where I can ask ? I would appreciate it so much ! Thanks
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2019 at 10:21pm
Well how’s it going any new info. Curious
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 11:08am
It’s 2020 what’s going on
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:47pm
Yea lets here an update. Hope it's good one lol
Jim.ME View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim.ME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2020 at 4:52pm
An update would be good. His last log in was July 2, 2019; so it might not be right away, not to say he isn't dropping by without logging in.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryanschott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 12:54pm
Still curious what’s going on any updates
Gordy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2020 at 9:58pm
Sad situation the owner got dementia had no family county took over brought in commercial guardian company who brought in scrappers hauled for a week with a fleet of semis      

Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

Posted this one a while ago neighbor still has it said it ran good but no steering said he would sell it.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”
VAfarmboy View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VAfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 9:23pm
Old farmer a few miles from here has an HD21 one just like that one but with less rust.  I saw it on Craigslist a while back but not sure if he ever sold it.

Can you even get undercarriage parts for these anymore?
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2020 at 10:09pm
That's sad to hear
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic