This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6080 FWA Chains?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6080 FWA Chains?
    Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 12:02am
Hi everyone.
Because my farm has some fairly steep ground, and we have been dealing with lots of ice here in western Canada lately, I have had to chain up the 6080 to keep going as FWA wouldn’t get me where I needed to be. I use the tractor for just about everything on the farm, from snow removal to feeding cows, etc.
I am just wondering if any of you could give me your opinion on the fact I have chained the front wheels only. I had a pair of grader chains I adapted to fit the front wheels and it works great for giving me the traction I need, but I am wondering if that could also stress the front differential or if I should be adjusting anything on the drivetrain or having chains on all 4 (but chains aren’t cheap!!) It’s my understanding that the front wheels already spin a bit faster by design and the chains add even more to the circumference. I try to be reasonable and disengage the front axle when on dry surfaces or when traction is adequate, but I’d hate to be causing my tractor any sort of damage.
Thanks in advance for your opinions.
Sponsored Links

MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 7:21am
I don't think you will get enough traction to hurt any thing .          MACK
flo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2021 at 11:16pm
Thanks Mack, I feel better hearing it from someone else!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic