Unofficial Allis Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

47 years ago

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 47 years ago
    Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 8:31pm
Old gal said I Do. I don't remember said anything?? Suppose I can get a refund after all these years. Her family is all buried in the cemetery at the country church we was hitched up in. Her Uncle was buried there 3 weeks ago, got to go into the church. 1st time I had been in it in 30+ years. Looked like the only thing that changed was the minister and me.
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 8:57pm
Sounds like congratulations are in order... 47 is almost half century
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 9:17pm
Well Tom it may depend on the fine print. Mine always says we will reevaluate when we get to 50,it was in the fine print I didn't see I guess. It is not 40 for me, so a ways to go. I also think it will read she does all the evaluating too.

As many here use a special name for their better half, I have been calling mine Wonderful, after my stint in the hospital last summer that is in all seriousness. Because without her they very easily could of killed me off. Or I would of wished more for it at times. Some of the people where really good but some not so much.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2017 at 9:48pm

Hey Tom,,,congrats on the 47 years,,,just keep on sayin "yes Dear" and you'll make out OK,,,,,,if you can keep a civil tongue in your mouth,,,that is,,,,,LOL
 IF we both still here next January,,,,we'll make the big 50,,,,dang its been a lot of them years. Them womeen got pretty selective memories when it comes to who said what,,,,,and,,,,and,,,I'm bettin you already know that,,,,,LOL They sit on a goldmine all day and ,,,,,and,,,they KNOW IT,,,!! Dang em,,,,,Wink
 I've always said,,,,,had I of been a woman,,,,I'da made somebody really , really happy all the time,,,,,Clap wouldn't be no rationing or countin at this house,,,,,,LOLLOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 1:34am
congrats ya ole fart! ya gots me by 6 years!
Gary (sw Wis.) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary (sw Wis.) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 7:52am
Congratulations,  My wife and I just hit 30 years.

Here's hoping for many more!!!!Smile

Edited by Gary (sw Wis.) - 26 Oct 2017 at 7:52am
190XT - D17 - D14 - WD - (2)B110 - 616H - 610 - WD with 190 Mounted Corn Picker - All Crop 60
Dipstick In View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dipstick In Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 7:59am
Kate and I rolled 53 June 27,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

lots of morning disappointments for the poor little thing..........
You don't really have to be smart if you know who is!
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 8:04am
Congrats Tom on 47 odd years.  Big smile  I always use that expression on my better half even if it's an even year.  LOL  34 odd years for us.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
wfmurray View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wfmurray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 9:58am
We almost made 54 and she has been gone over 6.Take care of them while you go them because you sure miss them when their gone. Loved my wife every day I had her now I wish I had loved her more.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2017 at 4:22pm
CONGRATS to all you knuckleheads...........you gotta read the fine print.  It's written in disappearing ink too.  I've got an out though, I didn't press hard enough when signing and our copy isn't signed by me.....  I hope the one the church has gets burned up or at least lost.
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 8:55pm
Working our way towards 55. In all honesty my wife should get most of the credit.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:06pm
Thanks guys, gonna have to take her out for Supper someday.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2017 at 9:10pm
you better buy it too! lol keep them years piling up, it would gits to expensive the other way!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic