Print Page | Close Window

7030 Block Heater

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212417
Printed Date: 05 Oct 2026 at 9:19am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: 7030 Block Heater
Posted By: TedN
Subject: 7030 Block Heater
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2026 at 4:24am
I decided to put a block heater in my 7030 in case it is needed this winter. It has had a combine engine put in it so it doesn't have one now. I don't know a lot of history on the tractor so I plan to change out the coolant at the same time. The question I thought of is what are the chances of the plug coming out clean after 50 years? And then is there a good way to repair the threads in the aluminum casting? Thanks in advance.


Ted

-------------
190XTD seriesIII, 190XTD seriesI, maroon belly 7000, 7030, 7045, D14, 190XTD series??? project(or maybe parts)



Replies:
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2026 at 7:28am
If it was mine, I'd have the engine fully warmed up to operating temp and carefully use a 1/2" impact wrench to get it to move and know it is loose. Have your hand on the socket to control what's happening to keep it from completely coming unthreaded !!!



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net