Print Page | Close Window

b12t power unit or RC motor?

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=212391
Printed Date: 30 Sep 2026 at 7:54pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: b12t power unit or RC motor?
Posted By: AintCheatnAintTryn
Subject: b12t power unit or RC motor?
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2026 at 6:01pm
I picked up a. motor the other day with a plate on the Bell housing that says I have a power unit, serial number PU 85262 B but the number stamped into the block beside it says RC 53517 PA.
aside from the power unit governor, is there I difference between the two?
am I getting confused by the numbers or does it sound like someone attached an RC motor to a power unit drive?

-------------
who needs practical experience when you have a computer, a calculator and ideas? me.. dumb ideas get expensive fast.



Replies:
Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2026 at 6:23pm
i always thought the RC was a Factory Replacement for the CE engine ?

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.


Posted By: AintCheatnAintTryn
Date Posted: 30 Sep 2026 at 6:43pm
perhaps, honestly I don't know much about anything other than the wc-d17.
i did however learn since posting I got mixed up on the block stamp, it's cr, not rc.

-------------
who needs practical experience when you have a computer, a calculator and ideas? me.. dumb ideas get expensive fast.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net