Print Page | Close Window

Not mine………..

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Other Topics
Forum Name: Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
Forum Description: anything you want to talk about except politics
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211629
Printed Date: 08 Oct 2026 at 10:59pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: Not mine………..
Posted By: Lars(wi)
Subject: Not mine………..
Date Posted: 08 Jul 2026 at 5:32pm
Or any connection with anybody I know,
Estate Sale in Odessa Tx., lists a 1997 Ford Explorer Limited, 96,000 +/- miles.
Black, gray interior. Pics online appear to indicate above average condition of interior.
Anyone have a ballpark figure on value?


-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.



Replies:
Posted By: Lars(wi)
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2026 at 5:12pm
My son went to the sale today, the vehicle sold for $5,000.00 which was 2x what I would have bought it for.

-------------
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.


Posted By: steve(ill)
Date Posted: 09 Jul 2026 at 9:47pm
30 years old ???   I think YOUR price was closer... Somebody must have really wanted one that old, or knew the history... You could probalby get one 10- 12 year newer for the $5K price..

-------------
Like them all, but love the "B"s.


Posted By: DMiller
Date Posted: 10 Jul 2026 at 12:16pm
Prices are ridiculous of CLEAN Older 4x4 SUVs and Pickups.  My Insurance agent was just out, my '99 SD F250 7.3 still books at $9500 in "Average Clean Condition" to which he noted with the new Flatbed on it, closer to 10-12k, and NO Nevermind as to High Miles.  Cannot replace it for LESS THAN $14,000 so will maintain Replacement Value on it on Insurance.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net