What is
Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=211408
Printed Date: 27 Sep 2026 at 7:28pm Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Topic: What is
Posted By: john2189
Subject: What is
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 9:05am
The most popular Allis Chalmers tractor?
Mine is the B, since I own one.
------------- '41 Allis B '49 Farmall Cub
|
Replies:
Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 9:18am
|
This is gonna be like the "oil" question.....
|
Posted By: thendrix
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 10:10am
According to Google it's the WC with approximately 178,000 sold
------------- "Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
|
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 10:28am
|
BUT, one D-17 could do the work of TWO WC's. One 190XT would almost do the work of two D-17's. There's only so many acres out there to farm.
|
Posted By: Don(MI)
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 12:37pm
D17
There is a reason they made 4 series of them!
------------- Galatians 5:22-24
"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
|
Posted By: HudCo
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 1:10pm
|
alot of w's still in service maybe as many as the rest put together could be wrong
|
Posted By: dfwallis
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 2:27pm
john2189 wrote:
The most popular Allis Chalmers tractor?
Mine is the B, since I own one. |
CA. It was a fairly significant improvement over the B/C. Still didn't go quite far enough and was still underpowered. It's the smallest tractor I would consider outside of some of the older "garden" tractors that actually could be used for garden work. However, grandpa had up to 4 good sized gardens at any one time (outside of the corn and soybean fields) and used the CA for all of them. He also used a Craftsman 5hp tiller and a David Bradley walk behind garden tractor (mostly the front sickle attachment) for maintenance. He however hilled and dug the potatoes by hand and cut stakes and built poles for the pole beans by hand from trees around the farm...
------------- 1952 CA13092, CA Pickup Plow, CA Cultivator, CA Two Row Planter, Dunham-Lehr GC78 Disc, Grader Blade, 3pt Fm180 Finish Mower
|
Posted By: DanWi
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 3:59pm
|
First on my list I would say WD/WD45. Then I would say the whole 100 series, you could include the 160 but certainly 170 thru the 220.
|
Posted By: AC720Man
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 9:18pm
That’s a loaded question, going by production numbers WC, WD, wd45 would be at the top. If it asked what is the favorite, well thought out, does all my jobs very well, comfortable, fuel efficient, and just plain beautiful it’s my Mighty 190XT series II. May not have the highest production numbers, but of all the AC’s I have and our farm has it’s by far my favorite.
------------- 1968 B-208, 1976 720 (2 of them)Danco brush hog, single bottom plow,52" snow thrower, belly mower,rear tine tiller, rear blade, front blade, 57"sickle bar,1983 917 hydro, 1968 7hp sno-bee, 1968 190XTD
|
Posted By: TedN
Date Posted: 19 Jun 2026 at 11:47pm
For me it is the 190XT, I have three of them and my seriesIII is my favorite baling tractor. I think the D17 would have to be one of the most popular tractors they made, even though they didn't have the production numbers of some of the earlier models. The D21 would have to be up there in popularity not because there are a lot of them but because they are such a distinctive piece of equipment. And of course the G has a following all on its own. I think it is not really a question that can be answered.
Ted
------------- 190XTD seriesIII, 190XTD seriesI, maroon belly 7000, 7030, 7045, D14, 190XTD series??? project(or maybe parts)
|
|