Print Page | Close Window

WD PTO change

Printed From: Unofficial Allis
Category: Allis Chalmers
Forum Name: Farm Equipment
Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=209635
Printed Date: 07 Oct 2026 at 9:35pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com


Topic: WD PTO change
Posted By: andynott
Subject: WD PTO change
Date Posted: 08 Jan 2026 at 1:50pm
Good afternoon folks ! I am toying with the idea of mounting a snow blower on the front of my WD-45. Mounting is the easy part. Powering is the question, could I take PTO driver and remove and turn so it faces forward?? I have not removed mine as it is outside and I don't want to deal with the oil while it is cold out. This more likely to be a summer build as I will prob add my Greeson live hydraulic pump to the tractor for my outlets and such.
If anyone has thought of this and checked into it please let me know or e-mail me at grandpasrepair@yahoo.com
Thank you all !!



Replies:
Posted By: IBWD MIke
Date Posted: 09 Jan 2026 at 6:32am
Andy, you'll get more/better results in the 'Farm Equipment' area. That said, I think an easier way to power it might be to use the belt pulley. There are, or were, V-belt pulleys available. Seems like I might have one or two around here? I'm sure others do too.



Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net