This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Be Careful!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Be Careful!!
    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:50pm
A local St. Charles area farmer was killed today by being caught in a grain tank unloading. We preach safely all the time but times people get in a hurry and tragic accidents happen. Prayers to the family.

Edited by Ryan Renko - 14 Jan 2022 at 8:52pm
Sponsored Links

soggybottomboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soggybottomboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:27pm
Grain tank??
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 7:13am
Looked like a large Butler Bin, they said he was trying to unclog it.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:04am
A St. Charles County farmer died after he fell into a grain bin and was trapped, authorities said. The body of Paul Hepperman, 75, was recovered Friday from a grain bin on his farm near Wentzville. Hepperman apparently was trying to unclog the bin when he fell in and became trapped, said Capt. Dave Tiefenbrunn of the St. Charles County Police Department.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:43pm
Grain bins are incredibly dangerous... sorry to hear of another life lost...

Mine are safer... they're too small to be economically viable, so empty, and being converted to workshops...  ;-)
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 7:39am
Grain bins are dangerous for sure.  I was in a truck one time when stuff started to move.  I was not in any danger because there was not enough there to trap me, but the vision became perfectly clear how quickly I was past knee deep ( and that was it) and there was no possible way to keep up with it.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 11:11pm
As a teen it happened to me in gravity box of corn when I was unloading it. Scared me into being very careful. I am sorry to hear of this man's death. I pray for his family.
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 11:21am
Prayers for the family.

My Dad talked about money changing hands often in the first years they went from sacking grain on the combine to going bulk. The  strong young guys did not believe they could not get out of the combine grin tank if they where cover up to there chest. Hopefully the experiences like that made many a where of the danger of being trapped in grain. 
GSTROM99 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSTROM99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 12:29pm
As a kid, we used to play in the giant grain bins that my Grandpa had built up in the hay mow of the barn.  We never knew of the danger we were in...Ouch

Edited by GSTROM99 - 22 Jan 2022 at 12:30pm
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 5:40pm
There is no danger unless the grain is flowing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic