This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

And The Lost Shall Be Found

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: And The Lost Shall Be Found
    Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 7:03pm
Had to go out in the storm tonight, thank you Shameless. I was going to feed the cats, and on the way to the shed, I had to try to start the 7045. It has been sitting out for a few weeks and guess what, it did. It started so fast that the ether didn't have time to get into the intake. I do so HeartloveHeart that tractor! 

Then fed the cats and back inside only to find that my vision was blurry ,,, my glasses were no longer were on my face. I checked in the cab,,, nothing. Then I walked around to the back, and there on the ground between tractor and snow blower, there they were. Time to buy lottery tickets. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Sponsored Links

Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:46pm
I seemingly do that with my glasses at least once a week. I don't need them till attempting to read something but it sure is annoying when you cannot remember where you set them down when you need them.

Good you found them before they got stepped on.
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 8:51pm
... ...or run over...
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 9:51pm
I bought a couple $3 pair of reading glasses, carry in my pocket, if I lose or break them not out much.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2022 at 10:24pm
The 7045 was our big tractor and I spent my senior year of high school plowing and running the field cultivator with it. It was dad's first cab tractor, first with a radio, first with air conditioning, first with heat unless you count a heat houser as heat. I thought I had died and gone to heaven.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 5:43am
Last time we were out of chickens I was windrowing litter in the houses (grinding and piling so it would do through a heat to kill bacteria). My cheek was itching and I reached up to scratch it and knocked my glasses off. I was absolutely sure I saw them go under the windrower which is a tiller like machine with paddles to break caked litter and an auger to move it to the side. I went and got a metal detector and hunted for over an hour to no avail. Finally deciding if I found them they wouldn't be in any shape to wear, I closed the doors, called and made an eye appointment, and headed to the house. I made it almost back and thought "I'm just going to look on the tractor". Low and behold they were straddling the bracket where the top link attaches to the tractor.

Edited by thendrix - 15 Jan 2022 at 5:45am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 8:33am
Arrrgggggggggg, mine are out in the barn/work shop since yesterday.  Confused
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 6:48pm
Tell me about it, shameless wound up the machine and gave a little love tap. Minus 4 this morning with minus 18 wind chill. Vacuum pump frozen, half water bowls frozen , barn cleaner frozen, took forever to get wd45 to start, manure spreader chain frozen. But everyone seemed ok. Wish it would get get cold and stay cold. And of course, the dog isn't smart enough to know how cold it is, running around like its 40
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 7:37pm
them silly Canadians keep leaving their barn doors open, then the wind sends that cold, cold, COLD air down here! we gotta have a little bit of cold for the "machine" to work properly....but not real cold!  
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2022 at 11:02pm
We had that cold long enough up here!! It was -30 to -40 for over a month.  Glad to send it south so Shameless could experience it!  Started to warm up last Monday and I spent a few hours plowin' all the drifts out with the "hot rod WD"  It's been above freezing the rest of the week and the snow has gone down a lot.  Hope it keeps goin'!  Got up to 43F this afternoon.

Edited by Alberta Phil - 15 Jan 2022 at 11:03pm
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 12:26pm
Speaking of lost and found - way back I had to repair starter on my 65 Olds 442 with the 400 cu in engine . To remove starter you needed to remove bolts on right motor mount , jack up engine about 2" to lean it over to drivers side , then remove starter . 
 Well got it done and back together , about 5 years later I was doing something under the car and noticed my 11/16 wrench that had gone missing, still attached to the nut on the motor mount bolt .  
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 1:20pm
I had a 65 442 and remember having to do that when the starter went bad also. Mine was a 4 speed car. I still have my 68 Barracuda and it's starter is just as difficult to R&R too. It's the sole reason I never put headers on the car. Well that and the fact the tie rods ran between the exhaust tubes unless "Hooker" branded.

I've found several wrenches and sockets lost in automobiles over the 30+ years I was in the auto body repair business. Only left one in myself and recalled the job back to the shop after remembering the last place I'd used it. There it was hanging on a rear impact bar mount in an 89 Dodge Spirit that had been rear ended......
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 5:28pm
Still have my 442 after all these years , resides in the garage more than it's used .
Brother worked in dealership and had worked on a customer car and somehow left his 1/4 socket set in box in the car . didn't miss it until later that day after customer had picked up car . 2 days later the car was back in shop - he looked in car and there under the front seat on the floor was the sockets - all neatly hidden by flap of carpet .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 6:14pm
My Barracuda sits on my disused automotive frame rack in the shop. The 340 engine and  4 speed are right there also. Rebuilt both and never reinstalled. Had the car since 4/26/1976 when the neighbor across the street who purchased it new gave it to me the day I got my driver's license.

Purchased new as a gift to himself after surviving a tour across the pond. 
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:20am
Woe! hold up now. I think we are going to need pictures of the BIG 442 Oldsmobile. 

Edited by Unit3 - 19 Jan 2022 at 1:20am
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 6:23pm
Just out of curiosity, what was the temperature when you fired up the '45?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic