This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

D-17 Three Point Transport Valve Install

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuddyBottomRod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: D-17 Three Point Transport Valve Install
    Posted: 11 May 2021 at 4:40pm
Howdy,
I'm working on my brother's 1957 AC D-17, and am almost a complete dud at tractor mechanics. The double brass elbow broke, so I replaced it, however, I'm unsure if I have to pull the bell housing to attach the Ram Hose. My grandson chewed up the rubber on the hose when he took it apart, and I'd prefer not to do more damage if the hose is still good. 

I tried to turn the Transport onto the hose, but even with the brass taken off, it won't clear the frame. So just in case somebody out there has the secret formula, I wanted to inquire before tearing the bell hosing apart.
Thank you.

Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 6:25pm
You just thread the transport valve onto the hose end. Now, if the hose has ANYTHING wrong with it or is OLD, replace it, because you will have to later on. Also use TWO open end wrenches of the same brand and size to tighten those brass elbows.
MuddyBottomRod View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuddyBottomRod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 10:05am
Thanks Doc,
I had a feeling the housing was going to have to come off to replace that hose. So just to be clear, I need to remove all the fittings on the transport valve, and then thread it on to the new ram hose. Then I need to attach the fittings and lines afterwards. Confused It's incredibly tight in that area and will be a challenge to get those brass fittings installed. If the ram hose is a flare fitting on the ram side, I might try to block up the housing and attach the transport valve to the housing first. It probably won't work, but it would be less difficult if it did.
Thanks again,
Rod
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:08am
Same type connection on both ends of the hose. Take the seat assembly off. Three bolts.
MuddyBottomRod View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MuddyBottomRod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 11:58am
Hello! DeadNow why didn't I think of that! 
Thanks again, Dr Allis...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic