This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5040 PTO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Me Too Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5040 PTO
    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 10:03pm
1. I have a 5040 40hp with loader and when I engage the pto, it starts at full rpm, there is no gradual increase and it is breaking the sheer bolts on my shredder. I don't know how it is supposed to do normally as I just recently bought it but the manual says its supposed to be gradual.
What is the deal?
2. I have a small looking peddle down below the seat to the right that faces the fender that I dont't know what it does. The manual doesn't mention it.
3. Why does the pto have to be engaged to run the loader?
Thanks
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 7:01am
#1.  I don't know which PTO style you have. The 2-stage foot clutch pedal ?? or the separate hand lever that operates the PTO clutch ?? Either way, the PTO clutch gets released, you slide the PTO connection lever into gear and then you slowly engage the PTO clutch WITH THE ENGINE RUNNING SLOW !!   This bolt shearing problem is all on you, not the tractor.  #2.  The small foot pedal is the differential lock. If you don't understand how and how not to use it, leave it alone or you'll potentially break something.   #3. The loaders hydraulic pump is driven by the PTO. That's the way it was designed. Like it or not, you cannot change that.
Gary Burnett View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Burnett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2020 at 9:57am
#1 get an owners manual and read it cover to cover. As Dr said you have to clutch the PTO not just jam the lever into gear.If you can't clutch it your PTO clutch is out of adjustment or burnt out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic