This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ammo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ammo
    Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:12pm
Haven't bought any in a very long time . Went to Academy about 11 A.M. for some 22 shorts . Found out they stock the shelves Sunday night and folks line up outside waiting on opening at 9 A.M. So they were wiped out of almost everything . No 22s but I did buy some 177 pellets . World we live in I guess . Thanks !
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 3:58pm
Same situation here. While we are approaching shotgun deer season, I have been told slug ammo is sold out along with bird loads except duck. Rifle rounds in limited supply and .22 and handguns rounds not available
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 4:49pm
Back to the hording around here as well, Nothing available except oddball calibers.  Usually gone same day truck shows up.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 6:39pm
Odd as was out to friends gun shop a few weeks back he had 50 boxes of 500 round 22's setting on shelf - said he just had customer come in and unload his hoard . 
 Getting other ammo though he said is all backorder so he has not even tried to order anything - 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 6:49pm
I just happened on to 1000 small rifle primers the other day at a local store. CCI 450’s
I also bought some powder and some bullets but the bullet stock was low. He had just got the primers in and said they were going fast as he gets them.
Dan Hauter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Hauter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2020 at 9:04pm
Ammo is in very short supply here in IL., too.  9mm ammo is all but extinct.  If you find any of any of the popular calibers you better buy it right then & there.  Everyone is afraid that Biden / Harris will take a run at gun owners right after inauguration.  Damn liberals!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 12:51am
Are people shooting these shells or just hording them?
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 5:03am
Know of several, hoarding.  Spoke with a few as I meandered thru that section of a Farm Store here, seems they are afraid of what the Biteme Kneepads tenure will be.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 5:55am
Sign of the times! One Gun Store owner told a friend of mine if Biden is President all Ammo and Guns will triple in price at his store! People are living in fear! From Covid, Government and violence and reliant on themselves for protection. Many liberal new gun owners have found out how many restrictions and checks there are to purchasing a firearm! Not as easy as the Media broadcasts!
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 7:29am
I will never understand the hoarding mentality.  but then again it is common to see cars parked on the drive cus the garage is piled full of "stuff."  Confused
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 7:48am
I go on a " pepper " website occasionally. The experts on there claim that you will be killed on top of that mountain of bullets you are trying to possess. In a worst case scenario you will be killed before you fire off a few hundred rounds. If you have something someone else wants you are doomed. They talked about hiding several small cashes of ammo and guns in several locations that no one else knows about. Knowledge and skills will be the things that keep people alive .Something that someone else cannot take.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 8:27am
Since Remington went broke, ammo is harder to find. Hopefully Vista will get the Remington Ammo line pumping them out soon. Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 9:29am
what do you call hoarding.......... 1000 rounds ... 5000 round... 10,000 ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
im4racin View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote im4racin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 11:28am
Goat trails in the house!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Tracy Martin TN Tracy Martin TN wrote:

Since Remington went broke, ammo is harder to find. Hopefully Vista will get the Remington Ammo line pumping them out soon. Tracy

Not only the Ammo but the jobs.
On the plus side Fiochi is building a big ammo plant down the road from Remington ammo.
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 2:25pm
I went on line about a month ago and bought a brick of 22 long rifle and had them in three days.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 2:38pm
Good luck now.
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 5:48pm
A person can never have too much ammo or guns.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 6:03pm
Festus, how dies that sync with Pattheplummer's theory?

I got my 5 stash of bullet launchers.  A couple of mags is all i need at each location.

I still don't get and never will having a pile of ammunition on hand.

festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 6:43pm
I just like guns and shooting them.  Here in KS I do not call the sheriff.  He is too far away so I take care of things myself such as fuel thieves and the like.
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 7:43pm
Dont blame you there  Agood ole shotgun shot above them will freak them out
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2020 at 8:28pm
Above them?    Big smile
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Pat the Plumber CIL Pat the Plumber CIL wrote:

I go on a " pepper " website occasionally. The experts on there claim that you will be killed on top of that mountain of bullets you are trying to possess. In a worst case scenario you will be killed before you fire off a few hundred rounds. If you have something someone else wants you are doomed. They talked about hiding several small cashes of ammo and guns in several locations that no one else knows about. Knowledge and skills will be the things that keep people alive .Something that someone else cannot take.

AH!!!.....took me a second, you mean "pRepper" website!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 11:20am
Tbone, I thought the same as you when I first read Pat's post and was wondering what peppers had to do with Ammo!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 12:34pm
For me, it's buying some to replace what I may use practicing at the range. I don't want to quit practicing, but I really hate to waste ammo on paper targets when there may soon be a real need for it, though I really hope not. Kinda glad I was hoarding before it was in fashion lol!
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 1:12pm
Preppers have a inane ability to underestimate the Rural US as to keeping ahead of the foolish Looters and thieves.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 7:04pm
Dang, there seems to be plenty around here.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 8:13pm
I'm non violent and don't know much about firearms!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2020 at 4:15pm
Well i was going to Wal Mart today , so i stopped by the ammo department just for the heck of it.. They sold out all their rifles  a couple months back and not replacing at this time. They had about a dozen boxes of shells on the shelf. I saw 4 x 100 of 22LR ,  4 x 100 of 22 Short, a box of 30-06 and a couple others i didn't really didn't get close enough to see.  The 22LR were $7.25 a box so i bought all 4 of them.  That's the first time in a year that i have added to stock.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2020 at 3:37am
There was a recent online auction here.  They had blocks of 22LR, 500 rounds.  When I was looking they were going for around $20 per 100 rounds.  Over a hundred per block!  I could not believe it, especially when I open my ammo box and I have 50 round boxes with a $1.39 price on them!

I don't waste ammo, but they sure was yesterday.  Some of those guys had semi auto shotguns, or those new rifles they can use around here now.  One guy musta went thru a 25 box in about 15 minutes.  And you could hear them for miles.  I guess it was about time to go in for supper and they figured it was easier not having to carry the ammo back.  For a few minutes it sounded like the grand finale at the fire works, so I guess there ain't no shortage here.

The 450 Bushmaster is now legal here in southern Michigan.  I was talking to a couple guys the other day and they was saying there is a shortage of ammo for them.  But here they are, out target shooting the day before opening day.  The gun comes with a scope on it but the round look smaller than a 12 ga. slug. So I'm confused, why is there so much hype over a gun that has less fire power than the shotgun you already have sitting in the house?
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic