This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Gravy

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gravy
    Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:14pm
Any of you guys ever scrape the meat cookings out of the cast iron skillet and eat them? When I was growing up I did this a lot. One day mom and dad hollered at me for doing this. This was what mom scraped into a bowl and made into/flavored the gravy for the following night. I think dad wanted the flavoring in the gravy. Anyway I can't remember doing it since, till tonight. Yep you guessed it, old gal told me to knock off eating her gravy makings. Dang it, gotta paint/build her dang old trailer and ---??? Hoping the gravy is good tomorrow.

Edited by 200Tom1 - 18 Sep 2019 at 9:16pm
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 9:49pm
My grandmother does this every now and then. I like it. The younger ones don't care for it though
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2019 at 10:29pm
yep...my old lady...oooops...I mean the loving wife does this all the time! cept it's used for gravy the same meal!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 7:22am
Do it, love it, love gravy.......but I can't hardly eat gravy anymore Cry
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 9:34am
GOTTA have them meat fryings to make gravy!! lol! ---It does make the best gravy ever! --- we don't have meat much and I gotta sub. for the gravy and it's ok, BUT not like the real thing!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 1:54pm
What shameless said... you don't have to save-em. The cook ( that is my mom used to )uses them for gravy before they even get cool enough to eat.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 3:11pm
Bacon grease makes good gravy to.
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2019 at 10:51pm
I always save my bacon grease, use it on the flat top grill a lot when I wants bacon flavors on anything i'm cook'in up!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 2:07am

I'm kinda like ole TBone,,,,my Diabetes Dr told me NO MORE gravy,,,,,I don't like her,,,!!!
 But,,,but,,,I likes gettin up in the mornings and eatin something else,,,like bacon and eggs,,,,,LOL
nella(Pa) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella(Pa) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:03am
After browning and cooking a roast in the cast-iron pot I will deglaze the pot with a little dry wine while the pot is still hot, that releases the browned material from the pot and adds a little flavor to the gravy. Not too much wine or it will over power the good gravy flavor, got to play with it to find out how much to suit your taste.  
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2019 at 6:25am
Hey Joe, Where you going with that gun in yo hand da duh da da.
You can have gray if it's because of the carbs, here' 2 sites to visit for ya on that. I do use the Carbalose for many things, have not tried the Bob's Red Mill as I'm a frugalist.

On to, Hey Joe where you going.
 [TUBE]W7WlXwAZqhA[/TUBE]
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic