This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

movin on out

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: movin on out
    Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:02am
finally got the courage to leave my job of the last 8 years. been a pain, worst manager i ever worked with and nepotism and favoritism galore. last straw was yesterday when i got wrote up for kicking the new outside sales guy (who never leaves the building) out of my office. giving notice on friday. have been a draftsman for 32 years having only 3 jobs during with a stint of truck driving over the road for 10 years. gonna do some work on our acreage and go from there. my wife works from home for a healthcare insurance company so will have good insurance till i turn 65. will still be on here, love my ol allis.

Edited by trace - 22 May 2019 at 10:03am
1955 WD-45 WIDE FRONT W/ TRIP
LOADER
Sponsored Links

FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:43am
Sorry to hear your situation did not allow you to do what you like to do...on the other hand maybe now you can enjoy what you like to do. .  .   .    .     .     .       .
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:52am
Good luck trace.  It's gotta feel good, and a bit scary at the same time.  I'm working on a similar issue, can relate......
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:36pm
don't get me wrong, loved my job and i'm good at it. just couldn't put up with the new management coming in and the ultimatum i got at my disciplinary meeting. don't tolerate ultimatums well, lol. must be the dane in me, my dad hard headed also.
LOADER
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:50pm
Fully understand how you feel, when out on sick leave from my power station job I was on the rocker as to retiring, really wanted to stay at least two more years but as the management got pushy and challenged my health recovery the decision was made for me. Really miss those I worked with, do NOT miss the mis-management or the politics.
chaskaduo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chaskaduo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 2:51pm
A job is no better than the people you work with. They will probably regret loosing you. Remember that it is getting harder for companies to find good solid workers now. Youngins want to start at the top and have all kinds of time off. Hope you find a place that doesn't treat their employees like their a dime a dozen, and respect your skills and wisdom.

Edited by chaskaduo - 22 May 2019 at 5:08pm
1938 B, 79 Dynamark 11/36 6spd, 95 Weed-Eater 16hp, 2010 Bolens 14hp
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 3:18pm
Sorry to hear of your situation. You may find yourself better off. Good luck.
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 4:46pm
It was about 7 years ago, I walked out of my employment of 25 years with them.  I gave a 2 week notice, the boss never spoke to me during that time.  I was the BETTER man in my eyes there!!  I never looked back, and was hired the next day where I am still working.  Yes it took a set of boys to do it, but the best thing I did, as far as work related.  If you are good, know what and how to do, present yourself well, life will be good to you. 
Its a KARMA thing, my wife lives by the phrase, "what comes around, goes around". And she stands behind it!!! 

Edited by Dave in PA - 22 May 2019 at 4:48pm
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 5:23pm
Went through the same situation last fall. Had been with the company for almost 36 years and the last manager was the worst and would bite your head off and threaten to have you replaced. Got the heck out of there and walked away. Yes it was scary at first and felt bad for all the good people I left behind but now that it has been 8 months since that time. Best decision I have ever made. Life is too short to put up with A holes.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 6:04pm
Good Luck there Trace may the future smile upon you greatly... And peace in your life.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:16pm
Trace,
Good luck in what ever you decide to do next! I was a draftsman/ designer for 20 years. Left the company due to management issues but on good terms. Went back 4 years later and worked till 60. Management wanted me gone then, similar to your current situation. I stuck it out till I was ready to go at 62. Don't burn any bridges and leave on good terms. Your good at what you do and they know that! Remember getting wrote up is not fired!
If you havent found out already HR is not on your side! But its pretty tough to fire some one now days!  They can make it miserable, but you can grin and bear it! BTDT!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 8:25pm
Guess I have been lucky.. First job lasted 10 years till they closed shop... Second job lasted 35 years and now part time  / retired on my terms.. Never had much trouble. I was mid management and had to get along with BOSS and my crew.

Good luck going forward.. Its always BETTER if you like your job. Cant imagine working somewhere and being pissed all the time.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:30pm
If they tell you to leave when you turn your notice in don’t take it personally just smile and walk on out. I understand where you are coming from. Time to start another chapter in your life. I went to work for myself six years ago I have loved it even when it’s the most stressful it is nothing like what I dealt with in the corporate world.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:53pm
Corporate BS! A wise older fellow corporate employee & friend once said, “Those that DO, will DO. And those that DON’T, get promoted.”
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 12:38am
i'm gonna say congrats! yeah I know...you think you are to yound to quit a lousy uncomfortable job...but...there are other places that can use a good worker like yourself, maybe even part time. I was offered another job right away after I retired, but I didn't like the management that was there either. shucks...I was gittin written up most every week for something silly, and after about the 5-6 time, I just farted them off and went on with life and work. my old job is under new management by 3 different people, soon to be a forth, and every one of them called and asked me to come back...I never did, and i'm eating less tums and taking less pills. i'm sure you are good at other things too...might find something better or at least more fun to work at. I did find out (even in law enforcement) that people that can't do their job good...they get promoted cuz they hafta find something for them to do! and most of the big wigs can't do your job any more cuz they've gotten older, slower, fatter, and all they can do now is flap their lips! take and enjoy a couple weeks off and go from there! good luck and hope to still see you on here a lot yet! shucks...you could even help me pok'in ole Joe, Les, Thad, John, JC, Tyler, Cody, and all the others!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 5:25am
 Yeah,,ten four on makin the decision to "Move On" ,,sometimes at the risk of pi**in people off,,,,like the wife,,,,LOL
 I retired after 33 years at a job that I hated for the last 15 years due to the biggest AH boss man there ever was,,,,and,,,and,,that right there is the troot,,!!
 Company started usin me as a relief foreman 3 years after being hired and I moved up to permanent foreman and on up to a management position after 18 years. The last 15 years I spent making my AH boss look good and he was an AH bout it. During that time frame, I studied, researched, planned and instituted several big projects that saved the company huge amounts of dollare,,,and who got the credits,,,?? You guessed it,,even tho he had no friggin clue as to any of the details of any of the projects,!! He would always take me to the meetings so I could answer any questions from upper management. I always wondered if anybody noticed that,,,,,,
 The Company went thru a "restructureing" and 50 employees were given the option to take an "Early Retirement Package",,and,,there were tons of rumors floated every day as to who was gonna be let go if they didn't take the early retirement. I decided to take the package at 59 years of age as I could not see myself working under this Ah any longer and rumors were that HE was NOT gonna take the package, so I signed mine and sent it in. The company president sent me word that I was NOT one of the ones scheduled to be cut loose. I struggled with this decision for some time and after lots of prayer,,right up to the deadline,,I did send in my application. 
 After it was all said and done,,,they had to hire TWO new people in my position to do what I had been doing for the last 15 years,,,,,,AND even after the two new people some of my previous responsibilities were assigned to this AH of a person,,,what irony,,,!!! After 3 years or so,,,HE was given the "opportunity" to "retire early" and a junior person was moved up to his position,,,there have been several new people in that position since then,,,SO,,,,,,
 Sometimes you just have to roll the dice and trust your instincts and judgement cause like most guys here are tellin you,,,"Life is TOOO short to work where your efforts are not appreciated,,,,,The days where a company considered an employee's future are long gone,,,the bottom line is what is considered the primary focus these days.
 GOOD LUCK to you,,,,,,Clap
  OH,,and ole Shameless don't need any dang help pokin on peoples,,,,,Clap
trace View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 8:56am
the company i work for was started in 1908 by two brothers. they ran it till they died and the only son of one of the brothers took over and ran it till now. he is retiring and hired the former liason to the gov of s.d.. that should tell you alot to be the vice president. now we have an employee manual and all kinds of new hires. wasn't broke so don't know why being "fixed". was a very profitable company but in my opinion is being over-managed. glad i'm getting out. went thru this in 2007 with the architectural firm i worked for. they were bought out and in a year a third of the help was gone. not doin it again. leaving on good terms here and not burning bridges. will work at home for a year and then look for something part time if i'm getting board. plenty to do on the acreage and have my buddy kita a 5 yr old yellow lab to help me. lol.
LOADER
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic