This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI.,
or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners.
All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the
users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
Allis-Chalmers' history as a
manufacturer extends to the 1840's in Milwaukee. In 1914 the growing company entered into
the farm equipment business. Over the years Allis-Chalmers was responsible for many
innovations in farm equipment and grew to become one of the largest and most diverse
manufacturers in North America. However, Allis-Chalmers became the victim of rapidly
changing financial times and was eventually forced to sell the farm equipment division to
K-H-Deutz AG of Germany in 1985. Duetz sold to AGCO inc. in 1990. After the
dispersal of the remaining manufacturing businesses in 1988, Allis-Chalmers maintained an
office in Milwaukee until January 1999.
AGCO has expanded the farm equipment business, largely in Europe and South
America. In 2004 AGCO entered the Fortune 500 list of America's largest