Forum Description: Forum dedicated to Tractor and Garden Pulling
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=94067
Printed Date: 05 May 2024 at 3:13am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: wd45 pulling tractor
Posted By: big d
Subject: wd45 pulling tractor
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 7:42pm
I'm building a WD 45 to pull most is stock any ideals on how to get the most horsepower out of it

Replies:
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 8:23pm
Unless you are planning on taking the engine apart and replacing pistons/sleeves and camshaft or changing the crankshaft to a longer stroke, the only thing you can do from the outside is install a larger carburetor and maybe increase the RPM's of the engine. That's it. The engine was designed to produce 43 HP at the PTO at 1400 loaded RPM's. That's all it will produce with a good tune-up. There's no amount of tuning you can do to change the results. Too many people think you can do a super-dooper tune-up or add some magic spark plugs and instantly gain 10 more HP.....it just ain't so.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 8:29pm
I have the motor Apart had to replaces the piston rings And one sleeve I have a Volkswagen carb to go on it with a electric fuel pump thinking of changing from points to a dist. Set up what size cam and crank u think is best going to take apart this winter to bore it and change all that

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 8:35pm
There are a dozen ways to increase compression and cubic inches up to 400 plus cubes. It all depends on if you want to spend $1,000 or $5,000.

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 8:38pm
Don't have tons of money just pull in local clubs just want to be competive just a good set up for around 1000 to 2000 dollars

Date Posted: 20 Aug 2014 at 9:00pm
Genuine AGCO new piston and sleeve kit for an AC 175 gas tractor ( set ignition timing at 23 degrees BTDC at WOT).....$1,000.......regrind your camshaft to a 175 profile..$300......175 venturi in the carb..$40.....Pertronix pointless ignition...$125.....D-17 governor spring....$???.....total of less than $1500 and will make nearly 20 more HP at 1800 loaded RPM than your engine will at 1400 RPM and you can still use it to farm with on regular gas.

Posted By: Big Orange
Date Posted: 21 Aug 2014 at 3:11am
If you can find A SP46 M&W kit, for wd or wc . Machine .250 off the tops of the pistons, that will give you about 10.25 : 1 compression. You will have to use high octane gas. But this will do the job.     GOOD LUCK  

Posted By: WF owner
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 5:16am
Originally posted by Big Orange Big Orange wrote:

If you can find A SP46 M&W kit, for wd or wc . Machine .250 off the tops of the pistons, that will give you about 10.25 : 1 compression. You will have to use high octane gas. But this will do the job.     GOOD LUCK  

Are you talking high octane (Super) regular pump gas or racing fuel?

Posted By: Big Orange
Date Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 7:15am
Racing gas will work the best, but if the timing is retarded A little, the highest octane pump gas can be used. Just don't let it ping, that loses power & can damage the engine.                             GOOD LUCK  

Posted By: mattb
Date Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:23pm
or run e85

Date Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 12:45pm
You can't just dump E-85 in the gas tank and expect an increase in HP. It would require re-jetting the carb just to run correctly and even at that, I doubt you'd see any HP gain. A dyno is the only way to know for sure and just running E-85 with no other changes will net less HP I'd guess.

Posted By: mattb
Date Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 11:22am
e 85 does make more power with high compression I couldn't get mine to run near as good with high octane race fuel at 8 a gallon u do have to drill the jets out

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net