Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=53877
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 6:20pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: AC B1 Tractor
Posted By: Alberta Phil
Subject: AC B1 Tractor
Date Posted: 19 Jul 2012 at 11:33pm
I went to look at a collection of AC stuff that a local guy had for sale.  He had a lot of AC machinery like rotobalers, rakes, cultivators and mowers also but he wants to sell it all as a lot.  Also has a lot of manuals and misc. parts, again, only will sell as a package.
I managed to pry this loose from him. It seems in decent shape even though it hasn't been run for a while. Came with mower deck, sickle mower, rototiller, snow blower and blade.

Replies:
Posted By: D-allis Iowa
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 6:58am
very nice.

Posted By: Reindeer
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 10:06am
Hi Phil  I saw that on Kijiji, looked interesting.  Would have had to build on my shed to get the wife to agree, so glad it went to you.  Enjoy.

-------------

Posted By: bigcountry48
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 10:33am
Some guys get all the luck, great find!

-------------
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 11:13am
I'm not used to working on an Allis this small.  I will have to get a manual before I go too far.  The electric start system using the generator as a starter is a neat feature.  I'm going to change the oil, check out the fuel system and ignition, put in a new battery and see how she goes.  The owner said he last used it about 10 years ago.  It has been stored in a barn with all it's equipment including the tire chains.

It's a very well built tractor and looks like it was made to last forever compared to most lawn and garden tractors of today.

Posted By: bigcountry48
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 1:12pm
If you go to GTtalk, and go to the section marked manuals, they have a manual for it you can down load for free. Also you can test to see if your generator charges by touching a 12 volt light to the far left pole on the voltage regulator( looking at it with the poles facing you). I love the little allises, they are some of my favorites, and I'm dying for a B1. Lastly on YouTube contact zippovarga for extra info, he really knows his stuff on allises and simplicity. Hope this helps!

-------------
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45

Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 2:49pm
Thanks, I'll check that one out.  I logged on to SimpletrACtors.com this morning and got some leads there.

Posted By: Chalmersbob
Date Posted: 20 Jul 2012 at 9:40pm
The B-1 is a great little lawn tractor. I just got one the hadn't run for years and sat outside for a while. It sure does a good mowing job for 7 HP. I keep the blades up as far as I can and mow mostly weeds around the fields. I threw a rod in my Simplicity 7114, so the B-1 is doing the work  that the CA can't get. Bob

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 4:00pm
I got the little B-1 going today. Changed oil, added gas, cleaned points and away she went.Clap   I fixed up a few other minor items and replaced the mower belt and mowed until our daily rainstorm startedAngry.  It's a great little unit and the 7 1/2 horses must be a lot bigger ones than the 11 ponies powering the JD 111 that I was using, because it'll cut faster and cleaner than the ol' JD.  I'm likin' this little unit a lot!!Big smile

Posted By: LionelinKY
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 5:45pm
Dad has a B1 and a B110. Both are VERY gutsy units which mow extremely well. I have a AC608LTD which mows circles both speed and finish wise around my JD210.

-------------
"My name is Lionel and I'm an Allisoholic"

Posted By: CTuckerNWIL
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 6:49pm
  Looks like a great set-up. Everything you need to take care of the yard and garden.
 Those starter generators caused a lot of problems back in the day. It seems a lot of guys didn't realize the starter part would work even if the generator wasn't polarized. You could start it up with a new generator in it and run for a while before the smoke got out and the battery was near dead, then you needed a new unit. 

-------------
http://www.ae-ta.com" rel="nofollow - http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF

Date Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 8:46pm
Couple of pics taken today between rainstorms.  Didn't get much mowing done because of all the rain. We've had about 8 inches in the last week and a half!!

Posted By: SteveM C/IL
Date Posted: 24 Jul 2012 at 11:36pm
I've got a 23D 9hp in mine.Well,actually it's a 9hp block but after a couple bore jobs and 2 broken rods(9hp rods suck) it's now std 10hp piston with 10hp rod and crank and ball brg on flywheel side.

Posted By: Steve in NJ
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 7:07am
Hey Phil!
You did great wit' dat! Yer' gonna love playin' wit' the little Allis'. When I restored my 716H a few years ago, I had a ball doing it. Parts weren't that heavy to pick up either like the big Tractors. LOL! As a matter of fact, I can even get up on them pretty easy compared to my large Tractors. But then again, most of my pals here will agree wit' dat'.... Approve
mailto:Steve@B&B" rel="nofollow - Steve@B&B

Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:12am
I'll have to get a pic of the little guy next to his "great uncle"; a 20-35 'E'!!LOL

Posted By: Dave Richards (WV)
Date Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 10:25am
Phil, go to one of your discount stores and buy a pair of magnifying glasses.  It will look like a B or CA while you work on it.   LoL    Dave.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net