Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=50521
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 8:39am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 7060 hydraulic troubles
Posted By: Hurt Farms
Subject: 7060 hydraulic troubles
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:35pm
my hydraulics are very slow.i just put new agco filters in it,didn't change.the things ive noticed are when i go to raise my disc it sounds like a relief valve blowing the hole time and ive noticed a constant whining noise from the powershift filter (only 50 hrs on it).ive got the valve flow turned to fast.any idea's would be appreciated.

Replies:
Posted By: DrAllis
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:42pm
First, with the engine off, pull both remote levers all the way back....they should detent there and stay there until you start the engine. If they do not lock into the raise position, they aren't stroking far enough due to worn linkage. You can remove the 3/8" lever stop bolt inside the console to help with this problem. Second, you don't really know for sure you are on "fast" oil flow position unless you have checked the lever on the front of each valve.....long side of the roll pin needs to be down for fast. Look in your owners manual for a picture of this.

Posted By: MACK
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 9:46pm
Did you turn both adjustments or just the one inside the cab? Try turning them a 1/2 turn they may be half off. Did it happen all at once or kept getting slower? Are you sure the hoses are hooked correct? Could be bad coupplers or not matched coupplers. Does 3PT work ok and lift a load? Are you sure it is not low on oil?  Could use more info.    MACK 

Posted By: bigbird
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 11:43pm
Did you by chance check the length of the filters.  On the filers in  the diff housing we did one time have one to be shorter.  Why, I don't know, but they were AC.  That didn't let the check valve open enough.

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:25am
The "short" filter scenario usually affected the steering badly and then nothing else worked as a result. I'm assuming things were slow before the filter changing was done.

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 5:11pm
thanks for the info i know the roll pins are pointed down,the reason i changed the filters is because somebody told me about the "short filter", the oil is full,its been slow ever since ive owned the tractor(2 yrs) really hasnt changed none,3pt works perfect,i do know the detent dosent work while running i will check like u said.i forgot to tell yall that when its cold it will pick the disc up half way then it will fall about 8 inches it repeats this about 3-4 ties while holdin the lever back sometimes i have to lower the disc completly and try again.

Posted By: Russ SCPA
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 5:27pm
At the risk of sounding "off the wall" here what kind of hydraulic fluid are you using?  I had fits with a 7060 for about 6 months,  finally changed the hydraulic fluid to AGCO's 821 replacement and the hydraulic issues went away.

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 6:16pm
Sounds like possible coupler issues.

Posted By: AC200Puller
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 7:46pm
Sounds like your couplers are bad try and hook it up to another piece of machinery and try it. Most of the time that will tell the story unless the ones on the tractor are bad but you should see a differnce even if the ones on the tractor are bad. What happens is the couplers wear and the balls will go all the way to one side and block the oil flow.

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 8:47pm
im using kendal hyken 056 fluid dont know if it matters but im using it in my 7040 and has no issues other than it has 10000 hrs on it!i had it hooked to a 25ft field culivator last fall and it would barely raise it up but it had 4 cylinders instead of 2 like my disc.still wondering about the whinning noise at the powershift filter is that normal my 7040 dont make any noise but it has a smaller filter.thanks for all the help guys.

Posted By: 7060
Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 10:21pm
I have the same problem with my 7060. It raises slow, and the arms on the pheonix harrow I pull keep falling down sometimes and after about the 3rd time raising it, it will stay. My roll pins are down and Ive even tryed moving the rockers on the valve stack alone to prevent linkage slop, and nothing. If you find a cure let me know. I was thinking about swapping valve stacks off a parts tractor.

Posted By: MACK
Date Posted: 15 May 2012 at 7:26am
There are alot of 70 series that do that when they first start up after setting over night.
  Try turning the roll pin to a different posion. If it has been apart some one may have put the roll pin the other direction.
  Like the Dr. said adjust the cables to where it moves the valve all the way.  Linkage gets worn with alot of slop in levers.   MACK

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net