Forum Description: everything about Allis-Chalmers farm equipment
URL: https://www.allischalmers.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=39796
Printed Date: 28 Mar 2024 at 3:44am
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: 190XT Light switch ?
Posted By: stray
Subject: 190XT Light switch ?
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 10:56pm
I'm looking for information on wiring a 190XT III light switch. The wiring on the tractor for the lights was basicly gone. And the wiring diagram on my shop manual shows a just an on off switch for the lights and another for the flasher. But according to Agco parts book it the light switch is a rotary style. I got a switch from Steiner and it came with a diagram that labled each termianal, but I'm sure what the labels mean.

Batt- I know this is the battery lead from one of the fuse holders
Inst- I assume this will go to the two dash lights
RL- not sure
HL- not sure
TL- not sure

This tractor has 2 lights in each fender one is a head light bulb and the other is a flood light bulb.

-------------
1969 190XT series 3

Replies:
Posted By: SHAMELESS
Date Posted: 30 Oct 2011 at 11:16pm
my 190XT has just an on/off toggle switch!

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 5:33am
Yes according to the parts book up to SN 13015 used a single toggle switch for the lights no flasher. Then SN 13016-19000 used to toggle switches one for the lights and one for the flashers. After SN 19001 used the rotary switch same as the 200.

-------------
1969 190XT series 3

Posted By: captaindana
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 6:07am
WOW STray you're dusting out my cob webs. Now that I think about it back in the early seventies I used these switches when they were new! I cant help you with the abbreviations but I think I remember first click was flashers and low beams, second click to the right on switch was low beams maybe with or maybe w/o flashers, and third click was high beams forward and rear lights w/o flashers. But I wouldn't bet on it lol!

Posted By: Orange Blood
Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 8:23am
It has been a while for me too, but Dana is right.
RL is flashers and low front
HL is flashers and 2nd set of fronts added (high beams)
TL is all lights,including rear, but no flashers

-------------
Still in use:
HD7 WC C CA WD 2-WD45 WD45LP WD45D D14 3-D17 D17LP 2-D19D D19LP 190XTD 190XTLP 720 D21 220 7020 7030 7040 7045 3-7060
Projects: 3-U UC 2-G 2-B 2-C CA 7-WC RC WDLP WF D14 D21 210 7045 N7

Date Posted: 31 Oct 2011 at 10:18pm
Originally posted by Orange Blood Orange Blood wrote:

It has been a while for me too, but Dana is right.
RL is flashers and low front
HL is flashers and 2nd set of fronts added (high beams)
TL is all lights,including rear, but no flashers

OK Orange Blood, I understand that the 3 positions are what you listed. But if I wire the flashers and the low front on one terminal and then in the high front with the flasher on another termainal, Then wire all the lights exept the flashers on another. When I turn on the switch to any position then all the lights will come on do to back feeding.

For it to work is one of the termianals have to go to the dash panel & low beam front lights (I assume the Inst. Termanal), One to the high Beam lights, one to the flasher, and one to the rear lights. then the switch makes contact to the termainals that need to have power at that setting.

I'm Guessing here but maybe:
Batt - Lead from fuse holder
Inst - Goes to the Dash lights and Low beam front lights
TL - to the Flashers
HL - to the High beam front lights
RL - to the rear lights

This is the way I'm going to try to test the switch unless someone sees something wrong with my guess and please let me know.

-------------
1969 190XT series 3

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 11.10 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2017 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net