This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mark IV valve body seals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Work Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mark IV valve body seals
    Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 10:19pm
Hello and thank you in advance for any information. I have just picked up a Allis Chalmers TS1000 with a Mark IV backhoe. The machine was neglected for a few years by the previous owner.  I just got her running with some mishaps but I would like to replace the seals on the valve body because they just started to leak (pour out) after about a half hour of just idle and some backhoe operation (no loads just movement of hoe).  I would like to do what i can to just replace the seals at the top of the valve bank if this is possible. Are they just o rings in there or a special type of seal? I have a small budget to work with because im not sure how good this machine is right at the moment. it does have some leaking at the rams also but that is ok for now.  i can not find any hydraulic/valve drawings to help me with this repair also.  Is there a part number somewhere on the valve body to help me get the correct seals? or is it just a mark IV? 
Thank you again for any help.

Tony   
Sponsored Links

duramax-rob View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duramax-rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 4:29am
It is very easy to replace the orings in the top of each spool.  just remove the 2 screws that hold the bottom of the spool (they hold on that cup) and carefully remove it.  there is a larger oring in the valve body that should be replaced.   When you get that cup off, just pull the spool out and dig out that oring and replace it.  you can get the original orings from Minpar, but I went with Cat ones because they are a little more durable than the allis ones.  Just match them up in size and install and put back together.

Rob
Just Work View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Work Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 6:52pm
Thanks for the reply. I was out early playing around and I did manage to clean the area and was able to get a good view of the valve bank. I did not notice any bolts holding caps on but i did notice that there is a 1 1/4" cap nut on the bottom that I was able to remove. After I disconnected the control rods I was able to pull down the spool just enough to replace the top oring.  I was not sure if i should pull the complete spool out from the bottom because I dont have any drawings as to what is in or against the spool that may stop me from reinstalling it. I think the stamp on the side of the valve body was cessan? Made in the USA right under it. You had mentioned that there was a larger oring in the spool that should be changed also? or was that just the top one where the spool come through the valve body? 

Thank you,
Tony 
duramax-rob View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duramax-rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 11:50am
There is an oring at the bottom of the spool in a lip in the bottom of the body.  It seats at the bottom of the spool when you slide the spool down just above the large washer.  YOU should be able to stretch the oring around that washer since it is the same diameter, i mean roll it over.   Good luck.
Just Work View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just Work Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 2011 at 9:15pm
Thank you for the information we pulled the spools down just enough to access the orings in the valve bank. We had no bolts holding any caps on it was just a 1-1/4" cap nut on the underside of the valve body. Total time to repair 2 hours and most of that was cleaning everything down to see what i was working with. Cleaned and lubed everthing got her running pretty good.

Where is a good place to get parts on line for the rams on the bucket loader it is a TS-1000 and also parts for the tractor D17.  You usually can find just about anything and I can not believe that there is no drawings or manuals floating around the web to show the ram and its seals.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic