This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Any easy way to........

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any easy way to........
    Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 10:21pm
change the two lever loader control to a single lever joystick on a 645 allis payloader? Thanks, Darrel
Sponsored Links

bigcountry48 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigcountry48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2014 at 10:48pm
Duct tape them together would probably be the easiest way!!! Hahaha!
1950 B, 1952 pulling wd, and 1954 wd45
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 12:22am
should be just change the hyd hoses to the right ports...probably hafta change them a few times to get it right.
Mactractor View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mactractor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 2:01am
Series B HD11 had the single lever assembly working 2 of the valves Darrel. If you could plunder that assembly from a salvage yard, would be able to adapt it to the 645 valve bank
dustydoo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 4:44am
Not sure if you have the room, but some vales these days are either twin levers or single joystick option, look online an may be able to convert your handles with some new or homemade linkage. My local power drive store stocks the conversion handle for their valve does not look very complicated.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 5:27am
just know the specs of your Hyd system, and go to surplus center, and order a joystick valve that meets your criteria...
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2014 at 10:08pm
Go study an old 580B case backhoe.One lever worked two valves.Some pivots and bell cranks.I used to run a 645 all day long loading rock.Don't remember any weirdness using two levers.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 9:48pm
Not saying two levers is weird, but just that I am used to running a JD payloader that had a joystick. Probably after a couple of days of running the two lever system, I'll be used to that also. Darrel
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 11:01pm
Darrel does yours have the boom height stop and bucket level system?
Amos View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Amos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 11:16pm
If you can find a 655 crawler loader being scrapped I think the one lever control will fit with almost no modification. I went and looked at my 655 and then my 645B and your thread got me to thinking about it...
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 10:58am
Darrell, I think SteveM is right those two sticks will probably load more than you'll ever need to load. We loaded thousands and thousands of cu.yards of dirt and gravel and many millions of board feet of logs with two stick loaders 645s /745s, we were just happy we had AC loaders. We called them WOBBLE STICKS when they first came out. That was before joy sticks with electric buttons and pilot operated valves. Truth be known the 745C that you see in some of our posts has a WOBBLE STICK. I think some of the last years of production that was OEM type stuff photo PC080001_zps2cf3188c.jpg
It is a nice feature but the third valve for the top clamps was a separate lever. These picture are the factory 745 assembly photo PC080003_zpsb0273205.jpg
So as Mactractor says the HD11B SERIES dozers came OEM with WOBBLE STICKS if you had tilt valves for the dozer blade. We did fabricate one of those assemblies once and it looks like this. photo PC080008_zpsd131ac7f.jpg
I was fortunate to have one to copy. The actual wobble part is two clevis yokes with a bolt through them photo PC080004_zps1642357a.jpg
 photo PC080006_zpsfd9f02cb.jpg
With some rod ends and hein joints you could make it happen. photo PC080005_zpsc74e1641.jpg
Pretty simple, right down to the stack of washers for a spacer under the fulcrum that I was going to replace with a bushing if this all worked (I doubt that that happens now that it's been this way for twenty years) photo PC080009_zpsc8ffda39.jpg
So if you just can't adapt to those two sticks here are some options. If you haven't come up with a solution by the time you come visit us for your AC playday we'll design something and build it before you leave (we have a 545 that needs restoration and this might be a feature to practice on)
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 7:16pm
I had the same issue on my 7G, ended up with a little different setup but one lever does all loader functions now.

Not as slick as a factory device and needs a few improvements as I use it but does the job.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2014 at 10:41pm
some good ideas there guys. If I can muster up some ambition and get some time, I may try to fabricate something. Unless I learn to like the two levers. Thanks, Darrel
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 8:43am
git a midget to run the other lever!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by SHAMELESS SHAMELESS wrote:

git a midget to run the other lever!

Interesting concept
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2014 at 7:19am
If possible, place the forward/back lever to left/right control pivot lower than I did, as low as feasible and it will work easier with less throw. Mine as we speak is undergoing re-engineering but as it is my personal machine I can get away with that!
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 1:16am
Shameless, they prefer to be called "little people", somewhat like our friend in NJ....
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2014 at 5:05am
oh....well I stand corrected! thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic