This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Pulling Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Same Old BS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Same Old BS
    Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 9:21pm
Tonight is the first time I have been to this forum for nearly a year. I quit coming here because I go sick and tired of two or three arguing all the time. They know who I'm talking about. If someone started a good informative thread, these dumb a$$e$ would hijack it every time. With such a good website for the AC's I was hoping they would be banned but I see the owners have continue to allow them to stay. I think I will come back a time or two but I'm not really expecting any change. I know one person doesn't matter but one plus one equal many if enough feel as I do.
Gary Britt
North Carolina
Sponsored Links

O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 9:34pm
I count 16 threads in a row that have not been hijacked. The main problem has evidently been removed.....again.

If you have a question post it and see what happens - or not. Up to you.
geb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 10:23pm
I don't have any questions but, no offense, if I did this would not be the place I would come for the answer. A majority of the ones on here are great guys who are pulling and trying to do a little better. They will learn soon that most of the information shared on a forum such as this is from pullers and/or engine builders, who just as they are, trying to learn. I started pulling in 1974 and have pulled on and off until about 7 years ago. My knowledge of pulling is limited compared to a lot of others but I have been down the track many times. I have always tried to help anyone but I'm not foolish enough to post on a forum things that helped me but in turn might not help someone else, or even possibly hurt their chances of winning. But I do enjoy reading the forums, but do not enjoy all the arguing and bickering back and forth. However, I do have a option to visit or not visit this site or any other site if I so wish. Good luck to you and all the pullers and spectators on this forum. Remember that 99% of the information you will receive here is worth just what it cost you.
O.P.S. Heads View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O.P.S. Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 11:33pm
99% seems kinda high.

I like this forum. I agree certain people whom have posted in the past should have saved there time and energy for something better, but it is what it is. Every post has some information whether it be good or bad. It's up to the reader to be intelligent enough to decide how each post relates to them and if it will work for there specific application. I have picked up some neat ideas and have also learned how NOT to do things from certain posts. Same would be for any forum I presume as each post at least in part is a matter of opinion. By in large I think the folks on here comment to help each other and have the AC's show well in pulling events. I assume that's what the forum was intended to do.

Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 11:55pm
I very rarely put in my 2 cents in this section, but I have learned over the years that forums such as this which discuss topics of high emotion are not generally productive. Better that you get the contact info of the guys you trust and email or call and have private conversations within your 'circle'. A public forum is just that and any bonehead can interject and send the entire topic into a tailspin and turn people against each other whether intentional or unintentional. I'm sure there are some civilized tractor pulling forums but they are very few and far between, the whole culture and attitude of tractor pulling doesn't lend itself to civilized and productive PUBLIC discussion.

Edited by Bill_MN - 28 Oct 2014 at 11:58pm
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
geb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 8:10am
O.P.S. I do agree that 99% is probably way too high. I might add that the majority of the post are meant well, with no intent to mislead or deceive anyone. One should realize that that what works on one engine, at one track, with one sled, etc., might not work at another. Anytime you modify and amplify a item from it's intended normal use, results will vary.
I did not intend to offend anyone and if I did please accept my apology.
I'm off my soap box now.
geb View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 8:12am
Well said Bill_Mn
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 9:16am
I am guilty as charged for adding to the frickous but my excuse is there is something in me that just cant tolerate people being  misled by the ignorant. 

And what Bill MN said is true, every internet pulling forum has an idiot or two, or three, or four. We should consider ourselves lucky to be limited to one, and his aliases 

WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 1:52pm
I think we all got fed up with the idiocy of some of the back and forth bs about pulling and engine building.

I find the best way to handle this is ignore the threads. By commenting on the idiocy, we are just adding fuel to the fire.
AC200Puller View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC200Puller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 2:15pm
Very well said WF owner.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic