This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

912H engine replacement - will it fit?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 912H engine replacement - will it fit?
    Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 8:46pm
Anyone know off the top of their head - Will a Kohler K301S from a late 70's 7012 simplicity fit in a 1984 912H Allis?
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2014 at 10:31pm
Yes it will. We have done the other way around. Put motor out of 912 into 710. But I'm haveing a brain fart, I don't remember how I switched the voltage regulator. That's the difference. The charging system. Somebody on here will have the answer.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 2:59pm
does your 301 have a generator srtarter or a regular starter that gen might interfere with the hood a little .  k301 is one heck of a good engine. mag ignition will use a differant key switch functions than the battery igition.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2014 at 5:31pm
The motor will bolt in the same. There's more room under a 900 hood. Do you have the voltage reg on both motors. The older voltage reg is bigger an I'm pritty sure plug is different. It can be done. Just have to change some wireing.
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 8:40pm
Both engines have the conventional type starter.  I only have the voltage reg from mine.  I'll do a bit more investigating on the charging specifics and take it from there.  My 912H is real nice, so I don't want to butcher things up to make it work - sounds like this would be a good option.
Thanks for the help guys!
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2014 at 9:20pm
John there is no butchering. I'm sorry I can't remember as it was 15 years ago and my late grandfather helped me. My dad had bought me a 710 and it blew up and we had a 912 6speed in barn that had done cartwheels up the road after falling off a trailer. But anyway we switched the engines and the wiring stumped us at first then I remember it was simple. Good luck
GreenOrange View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenOrange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 7:42pm
I definitely appreciate the help! I'm thinking since they were made only about 10 miles from me, I'll see if I can track down one of their engineers to see if they recall.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Oct 2014 at 10:31pm
Try asking over in the farm equipment side. Maybe get a few more people to look.
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2014 at 7:42am
The other difference is the exsahst. Just switch it over to the 900 style. If the elbo is in there from the 700 you just turn that elbo to the angle needed, then I believe you have to take a few head bolt studs out of you 900 and put in your new motor for the muffler bracket.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic