This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HELP H-3 lubricants

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandon154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HELP H-3 lubricants
    Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 6:38pm
I have an H-3 and in my service manual, for the shuttle clutch and the transmission lubricants it says to use a 20-20w viscosity for both, my question is what is the best to use for both the shuttle clutch fluid and transmission. I'm not sure if I should use a straight 20 weight or what. The fluid in the units almost looked clear, like hydraulic fluid, but did not know if that was right either, maybe just clean oil. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 7:20pm
We use 10-20W Hyd transmission fluid AC 821. The owners manual serial 8694 and up states 10W30 SAE oil.
brandon154 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandon154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 2:48pm
awesome, thank you. Where do you buy it at, I checked NAPA and titan machinery in Duluth here and they did not have it. Also do you know if the H-3 has a wet steeing clutches or not.
brandon154 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandon154 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 4:12pm
Also, I was able to find a fluid that says it meets the expectations of AC 821 XL, It does not give a vescosity rating.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 4:33pm

The AC 821 spec is a 20 wt hydraulic fluid. Similar oils are HYTRANS or Universal tractor fluid. You can use JD, or CASE hydraluic fluid... most all meet several specs, and all are in the 20 wt catagory. A 20 wt motor oil was probalby pretty good stuff when the HD was made. Today they have so many addatives and friction modifiers, etc.. i think you would be further ahead with a straight weight hydraulic fluid.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2012 at 7:49pm
Steering clutches for the HD3 are dry.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic