This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD6 pics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD6 pics
    Posted: 15 May 2011 at 9:58pm
Hopefully some HD6 pics from my collection
Merv
Sponsored Links

HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:06pm
Well that worked; all were taken in NZ, mostly were i was working
1 A 5 roller frame HD6B
2 A early Buda powered HD6E
3 A very late HD6E
4 A 5 roller HD6B with 6000 eng and oil clutch. Most common spec in NZ
5 Was a Buda powered HD6E but repowered with 6000 engine and oil clutch
6 A 6000 engine HD6E
7 A HD6EP helping a D6D stuck on a windrow. I used to drive this dozer.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 10:23pm
oljoe View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oljoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 8:32am
Thanks for sharing.
Number 6 looks the most like mine......if it wasn't all in pieces.
PBSoMd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PBSoMd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:15pm
Great Pictures Merv!
Thanks for sharing
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 7:54pm
Somewhere east of Wellington is a fishing village where every boat owner has a crawler and a big trailer to pull the boats out at night. Do you have pictures? Our friends were there and took some pictures 10 years ago. Saw some A-C crawlers. We did not get there when we visited NZ.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
OrangeKiwi(NZ) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

Somewhere east of Wellington is a fishing village where every boat owner has a crawler and a big trailer to pull the boats out at night.

Ngawi is probably the village you're thinking of ? Probably the above photos nos.3 & 4 were taken there ? Got some of my own taken there. Will post if I can find them.
Your friends names. Would they happen to be Noel and Sally ?

Edited by OrangeKiwi(NZ) - 22 May 2011 at 8:59pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2011 at 9:37pm
Friends from home here in Canada swaped a house for 3 months in Auckland. We were in NZ to visit and travel with them. I met Noel and Sally in the US and visited with them at their place in Cambridge. I happened into them since at a show in the US. Small world!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:12pm
It's a small world alright. Looking at some of your old posts, I see you attended the 1998 GOTO at Marshalltown Iowa. I was there also. I'm attending Hutchinson in July and when talking to Noel last year, his intentions were to be there, also.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:35pm
Found some of the Ngawi crawlers

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 3:55pm
This photo shows what the crawlers do, launching and retrieving fishing boats.

There is probably about 35 to 40 boats based at Ngawi and each one has its own crawler and trailer. Probably about 40% of the dozers are Allis Chalmers, a few Cats and Komatsu's are now making a presence since the boats are getting bigger and heavier. Allis models seen there are HD3, HD5, HD6, HD11 and HD16's. Going to Ngawi is a death sentence for the crawlers. The salt sea air is very damaging to their metal and access by road is very limited. Crawlers past their use by date are just dumped in a nearby gully. Scrapmetal dealers just leave them alone. The metal, especially cast will crumbled in your hands like dry clay after many years of salt exposure.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 9:59pm
I'm not sure at which GOTO that we first met NOEL and SALLY. I think it was in 2000 at Brigton Ontario. We visted NZ  and NOEL and SALLY in Jan 2001. Met Noel and SALLY again at a GOTO a few years ago. That leather hat stands out in a crowd! Also met Dudley Russell from Tasmainia in 2005. We will be at the GOTO this year in Hutchinson camping in the field. Look for the all colour trailer with a Canadian flag flying high and proud!

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2011 at 10:19pm
I'll look out for you at Hutchinson, Calvin. Since you visited NZ in 2001, did you happen to attend the 100 year Allis Chalmers celebrations at Rangiora in March 2001 or were you back home by then ?
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2011 at 5:44am
We were back home by then. I don't think that I knew about the show in Rangiora. Looking  forward to meeting you.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2011 at 5:14am
Where did the pictures go?
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 6:02pm
Hi Calvin and Orangekiwi.
Yes pic 3 was taken at Ngawi, is was a real late HD6E 70C25065; in the last 200 made; I just missed out on buying its sister 70C25061; just have to keep hunting.
Was down Ngawi about 2 months ago that HD6 was still there along with alot of other allis,s. Didn,t see that HD16DP 'Tulip' this time; What happened to her Orangekiwi ?;
WAs a HD16DC there tho and a nice bush rigged HD11EP. Also a early D6C that I knew from a previous owner; W Stevenson Ltd.
Pic 1 of the 6 discing was taken near Waipukerau. All other pics taken in my part of NZ on the Coromandel Peninsula.
Whereabouts you in NZ Orangekiwi ?
Cheers Merv
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2011 at 6:16pm
Can't help you Merv about the HD16. The above photos were sent to me because the photographer knew I was keen on Allis Chalmers. I've never been to Ngawi.
Merv, if you have any other Ngawi AC photos, I would be keen to see them ?
Just post them on the forum as other members would be keen to see them, also.
I live in Southland, near Gore.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 3:55pm
Some more allis pics i hope.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:01pm
Got that wrong try again
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2011 at 4:10pm
Got there eventually
pic1 A very early Buda powred HD11B
pic2 Same HD11B and a 11EP
pic3 A HD6E and a HD11EP on the kaikoura coast used to launch boats
pic4 A HD11EP at Ngawi
pic5 A HD6E at Ngawi
pic6 Another HD6E that someone beat me to buy,
pic7 HD6EP pushing a stuck D6 and scoop
Hope u enjoy Merv
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangeKiwi(NZ) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 3:32pm
Thanks Merv for posting the extra photos. I'll have to look out for those Kaikoura crawlers. Never seen them before.
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2011 at 3:42pm
Hi Orangekiwi
Those were photograghed about 6 years ago, somewhere north of kaikoura on SH1.
I have a idea that the 11EP came up for sale on trademe a year or so ago
Cheers Merv
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 6:52pm
some morepics of a hd6 i saw last week.
belongs to pete lewis from whangarei. s/n 40M25201; which makes it in the last 70 ever made, an certainly one of the last sold in NZ.
Is a fiat allis labeled unit and has a oil master clutch, 5 roller track frames and E30sg winch.
cheers Merv
HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 6:55pm
2 more pics
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic