This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question about sickle bar interchange

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nate_o23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question about sickle bar interchange
    Posted: 02 May 2024 at 11:50am
Hello all I have a Allis C that I want to get a belly mounted sickle bar for. I found one that was previously mounted on a B. Am I correct in assuming that this will interchange with my C? Anything in particular I should be looking for as far as checking for wear or missing parts when I go look at this thing?
Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 12:18pm
The ALLIS sickle mower was a steel frame that mounted under the tractor with a bracket to the bell housing on each side, and bolted to the BIG C drawbar frame in the back... Front should be exactly the same... The rear circular drawbao on a B and C are different, but i think the distance to the front is the same... So it should bolt right on..
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 12:23pm
You have the Big "C" drawbar with two brackets attaching it up to the seat frame, right ?  Here are the two bolts that hold the mower to the drawbar...  You will need the pulley for the PTO shaft.... front end just hangs from the bell housing..

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 1:19pm
The B/C sickle mower will bolt onto either a B or C tractor. The B/C mower is identified by the large wide single drive belt and straight upright mounts at the front.
  Also the #5 even though it is made for a CA tractor, it will mount onto a B or C tractor with some correct mounts. The #5 is identified by the thinner double belt drive and curved front mounts. 
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
nate_o23 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nate_o23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 4:01pm
Here is pic of mower from ad. I cant tell if its a BC or no5 but maybe one of you can?Product photo of Allis Charmer cycle bar mower
nate_o23 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nate_o23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 4:04pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2024 at 4:37pm
looks like a #5... curved front hangers and 2 belts on the back..
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2024 at 10:57am
got one here on a C. never been off the tractor.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic