This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7040 fuel question revisited

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7040 fuel question revisited
    Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 2:21pm
Posted several days ago about fuel issue on 7040. Replaced hand primer pump, about 4 or 6 pumps it had fuel and was back in top form. Used it off and on about 3 days moving equipment etc NO issues at all. This morning ran bush hog a few hours, again no issues until I idled it down to get out and move a branch. It abruptly died and back to the exact same thing???? I can use primer pump and see fuel and air bubbles come up through glass filter but tries to start and get out fuel filter about 1/2 empty. Idk?
Sponsored Links

8070nc View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8070nc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:02pm
Its getting air somewhere. I seem to remember the good Doctor saying the 7040s pulled fuel from the top of the tank thru a drop pipe. If that is the case and it runs fine with a full tank of fuel part of that drop pipe may have broken off. May be wrong but i think they were plastic. We had a 7040 35 years ago but never had a problem like that
1984 80780
1957 D14
DES 300 with 25000 engine
616 tractor
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:06pm
Fuel tank outlet blockage ???? The fuel tank vent is the fuel fill cap itself...may be plugged.
INAllis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2024 at 4:46pm
I have ordered a new fuel cap, be here tomorrow. After watching you C a see small air bubbles in bottom of fuel filter, gonna replace that tomorrow as well
INAllis View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote INAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2024 at 11:46am
Well put new fuel cap and replaced fuel filter with a Napa gold. Primed right up and fired off and ran like a top. Hopefully this is the cure. Thanks everyone
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic