This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 70 series planter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klocke.kyle@yahoo.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 70 series planter
    Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 6:42pm
I have a 70 series 2 row planter. I got it for sunflowers. I’ve used it last couple years but my seed population isn’t right. Anyone have any knowledge on what plates and sprockets to use for it. And where I might be able to get the right sprockets.
Sponsored Links

Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 7:08pm
Do you have a manual for it? If not I believe I do somewhere and can atleast get you in the right direction.
klocke.kyle@yahoo.co View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klocke.kyle@yahoo.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 7:20pm
I do not. Maybe there’s a chart for sprocket section and spacing?

Edited by klocke.kyle@yahoo.co - 18 Mar 2024 at 7:25pm
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2024 at 8:04pm
Yep.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 6:27pm
I just looked in my 70 series manual and it dosen't show sunflowers in the seed chart. AC planter plates are kinda hard to find but they make adapters that allow you to use John Deere plates. Google it or use Lincoln Ag. Products to first find the appropriate seed plate for sunflowers. What type of spacing are you wanting? The manual does give gear choices based on the number of cells in your plate. I would first get the correct plates and we could build off that. I'm no professional and maybe someone else will correct me.
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klocke.kyle@yahoo.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 7:29pm
Ok. Im not even sure what model exactly. I thought it was 70s series. Can you identify it for me.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 8:17pm
It sure looks like it. Congratulations on your photo. I have been a member of this site for over 10 years and still can't find it easy to post pictures!!
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klocke.kyle@yahoo.co Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2024 at 9:04pm
Definitely took me a bit to figure it out. Also, I’m pretty clueless when it comes to most of this. I see a lot of people talking about their false rings. Could you explain to me what these are do or are for?
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2024 at 8:42pm
I have an operators manual, you have to decide on the population you want, there is a chart for distance between seeds to get that.  You then go to other chart to determine sprockets needed.  If you want a manual I would send you one for the cost of mailing.
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic