This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FP 60 24PS Forklift G-230

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allie Old Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FP 60 24PS Forklift G-230
    Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 7:47pm
Options for a used cylinder head for a G 230 6cyl. in an Allis Chalmers forklift. Tag on engine G-230  4515048  G-13311. Or a used engine type that will bolt up to the automatic transmission. (I'm new to the forum so please bear with my non knowledge and term use.) I really like this old beast and hate to scrap it. It was originally bought by the Government, Army, I think. Any input would be apricated, thanks! 
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:06pm
that should be a 230 cubic inch 6 cyl gas engine... similar used in the D19 farm tractor (262 motor).. and maybe combine ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 13 Jan 2024 at 8:11pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Allie Old View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allie Old Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 8:40pm
Thanks Steve(ill) for the reply with the link. Good info! It is a 230 ci gas 6 cyl.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2024 at 9:11pm
im no expert, but your looking for an OLD Combine engine / parts... Or maybe a Allis 262 motor  HEAD would interchange.. I just dont know, maybe others will chip in. ... Not sure of the bellhousing or what other engine would match up .... also the G230 was used in a Cockshutt 40 tractor ... at some point in time it changed from being a BUDA Engine to an ALLIS engine and some mods were made.. Not sure of your fork truck vintage.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Braswell View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Braswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2024 at 3:53pm
Atlanta lift truck salvage
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic