This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 715b bushings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 715b bushings
    Posted: 02 Jan 2024 at 10:00am
Finally got my 715b operational again.
Now during the winter months I think I will rebuild the lower bucket pins. The side with the large bolt instead of pin egg shaped the bucket side quite a bit.

Where are people getting pins and weld in bushings?
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2024 at 12:17am
I got stress relived shaft stock and made my own , bushings might try McMaster Car or even a bearing house - (look online) As far as work bucket you can try to add a shaft collar the size of pin and weld it onto bucket sides .  
 I made my own from stock and drilled to size on my backhoe buckets that were worn . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 8:32am
Do you know the dimensions of the lower pins? I will get those and then try to bushing out from there.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2024 at 9:17am
KRAKMT: The diameter of the lower bucket pin is 1.995" - 2.001" and the length is 5.780"- 5.810".  These dimensions along with all of the pin and bushing dimensions for the Loader portion are found on page G-3 of the AC 715 Backhoe/Loader Manual dated 12/75. 

The Part Number for the original AC Service Manual from which the above was excerpted is 9003463.

Good Luck with this project.  The AC 715 is a  great machine!  

~ Orangeman

KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 9:25am
Thanks for the help from you both.
This place looks to have stressproof stock.
https://www.speedymetals.com/p-1597-2-rd-stressproof-or-equivalent-cold-finished.aspx

I would like to do the pins on the dipper where the dog bone attaches to the loader arm.

Can either of you give me that pin size?
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2024 at 11:19am
KRAKT: Yes can supply those too, send me a PM with an email - will photo the Service Page with all the Pin and Bushing dimensions.  ~ Orangeman
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic