This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Somebody needs this:

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Somebody needs this:
    Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 1:48am
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 7:19am
no not 'need' but WANT !!!
it'd be a GREAT ride to Walmart
 and I'd KNOW my section of road WOULD be snow free no matter what 'he who has the machine' tosses at me !!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2023 at 7:48am
I really know nothing of motor graders myself but that one seems to be worth the money, (from an inexperienced eye).
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2023 at 1:12pm
Fully equipped with all the options available to that machine. Tires alone are almost worth the cost.
Jack of all trades, master of none
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 8:00am
What years were they built.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 8:25am
production from at least the early 1960s thru 1980.... short movie//

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 9:21am
Interesting movie. They had one out in Mechanicsburg at the proving grounds but I never seen it operate. Never did know anything about motor graders other than a local horse boarding stable outfit used one often for their track maintenance. Another guy I know maintains his stock car track outside of Canton with a grader, but don't know that machine at all.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2023 at 7:44pm
Only hard to master aspect of that series is the mechanical controls, NOTHING Hydraulic so absolutely NO FEATHERING, engage/Disengage Only.  Called these Hand Bruisers or slappers, as name implies, can be really hard as to getting soft on controls.  Speed is not all that considered, engine speed and gearing keep blade aspects changes relatively slow but have to be pretty quick on the E/D part of that equation.
Series 12 Cats were really close in style.
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2023 at 12:53pm
I do remember those mechanical controls. Not as an operator but as a child walking home from school. A couple of times the grader operator picked me up and gave me a ride home as he was grading the road that passed by our home.
Jack of all trades, master of none
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic