This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 715 loader backoe - Bucket level indicator Rod

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 715 loader backoe - Bucket level indicator Rod
    Posted: 14 Sep 2023 at 4:52pm
Working on a few minor issues on the 715 LBH.  It came to me without the bucket rod indicator.  This is an early model - 1975 so the hydraulic cylinders are attached to the bucket.   Can someone supply the dimension of the bucket level indicator rod and its housing.  Am certain that black pipe would work for the rod bucket level indicator to slide back and forth in. 

Any insights would be much appreciated.  Thank-you!  ~ Orangeman
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 2:13am
Bucket is partially self leveling as geometry of the arms keeps the bucket in position last used . 
  There is a small tube on right side of frame that a 3/8 " rod slipped through . 
Will have to  look if mine is still there as can't remember last time I actually looked or used it .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 2:30am
I ruined my indicator rod on my backhoe, sure missed it, it was always a guess after that. I never got around to replace it.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 12:09pm
Thanks  Coke and Shameless dude - I have a bucket level indicator rod on my 615 and use it quite a bit when grading and filling.  That said, am thinking that since the 715B,C and D series machines went to the cylinders mounted on the tower that the dimension (length of the rod) may be different. 

Appreciate the good insights!  ~ Respectfully, Orangeman
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2023 at 4:02pm
Was checking mine a little bit this AM to see if I could get a picture  - there is a hose clamp on the tip cylinder for bucket , but nothing else , the rod is not there , nor is the tube that was on the cylinder . In fact can't even see where something would have been mounted for bucket end or rod .
 So only thing that is left is the memory of I use to have one . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2023 at 7:39pm
Ok a short update - was able to source the 3/8" x 8' indicator rod locally - so a shout out to Hiawatha Fasteners that carries the stock regularly.   Am still trying to hunt down the dimensions of the pipe stock that the 3/8" round stock travels in.   

I have the tooling available to thread the end with a turnbuckle and pin so that it can be attached to the bucket.  Once I have that in place, am planning to spray the whole indicator and level rod down with cosmoline as colder temperatures are beginning to set in with rain throughout the week expected.  

If anyone has a recommendation on AC Industrial Cream paint. I sure could use it - am planning to pull the front tires and rims in early spring, sandblast them and paint them AC Industrial cream.  

Thanks in advance for any additional insights on the paint or the pipe stock.  

~ Orangeman
KRAKMT View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KRAKMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 2:49pm
I just saw your post when I was looking for a paint code to paint my hood.

I have a leveling rod but mine is a later model, 82 I think with the tip cylinder attached at the cab.

Let me know if you need any other dimensions.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2023 at 6:59pm
KRAKTMT - National School Bus Yellow Paint is what AC used on the 715.  HTH's ~ Orangeman. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2023 at 3:16pm
Rims are yellow on both front and rear .
I was looking at my machine and evidently I removed both the rod and the pipe from machine . Believe the rod attached to cylinder near eye on end as there are not holes in bucket to attach anything.  The rod length and pipe position was such as when end or rod appeared at end of pipe , the bucket was flat on ground . The rod and pipe move as one with the movement of cylinder shaft as they are parallel to each other . Pipe was held to cylinder with hose clamps and not welded to tabs or other type mounting .
  I found it was a item that was not necessary as once you run machine for a while you know where everything is .  
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic