This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RISING FROM THE ASHES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 4:58pm
Was just on this page: http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

Shows Two fires active due East and SE of Mel, he MAY be rather busy right now.
Sponsored Links

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018 at 8:05pm
Maybe Mel Gotta raise funds to raise a house...?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 12:31am
raise or raze?
jbtaglio View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbtaglio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 4:12am
Mel is, and has been, on the "River" fire with his D5 for the last week.  It is mostly in Lake County, about 30 miles south-east from his house.  He has been very busy saving structures and constructing fire line.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 7:48am
Thanks for that update, Darrel
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 2:05pm
Prayer for Mel and all the fire fighters out there.
jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 2:29pm
God bless you and your family Mel. May he keep you and all others safe in his arms.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2018 at 11:44pm
I'm glad Mel and family are able to help but I'm sure they would rather be doing other work.  Stay out of danger Mel!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug 2018 at 10:50pm
MEL….we all need to know if ya'll are still o-k out there!
jbtaglio View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jbtaglio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:20am
Talked to Mel yesterday at his house (in progress).  He is fine, working 12 hour shifts (7-7) on his D5, doing rehabilitation work on the "River" Fire, east and north of Hopland, CA.  He is helping repair and return to more natural landscape the dozer lines and brush piles constructed during fire suppression work.  He will probably be there for another week or so.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2018 at 3:16pm
At least he isn't in great danger near a fire, just normal danger working on hills.  Earning funds to support his Allis vice!
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2018 at 10:25pm
thanks JB
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2018 at 10:04pm
Been a couple weeks now. Mel still out chasin flames?
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 5:13am
me thinks he likes sniffing that diesel and wood smoke!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:13am
Maybe we all going to have to go visit Mel. I think he has enough allis crawlers that we could each hop on one and go help him out, ya know, to kind of speed the reclamation process up. Course, it may be faster to let him do it himself, that way he doesn't have to run around and re-do what us rookies would screw up. Any way, it's getting high time for you to report in with us Mel. We all worried about ya. Darrel
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 6:19am
NO doubt Darrel!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2018 at 2:14pm
man….I thinks Darrel is right, I thinks we ALL could have a good time at Mel's place (til we gits caught)!
JoeO(CMO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeO(CMO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2018 at 3:27am
Thanks for the map kink, helps me locating different fires on the map.  I didn't realize there are so many.

Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 12:11am
MEL…..hows yer house coming along? we all wanna hear from you buddy!
AC Mel View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC Mel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2018 at 10:53pm
Sorry guys, got real busy for the last 6 months. The house is coming along real nice. probably be painting inside and out next week. One of the holdups might be a mason to do the brick work for the wood stove. Hell...it might be ready for the fire anniversary date of Oct 9. Of course I'm not superstitious (LOL) but I'll probably park both of our water trucks in the area for the next several weeks or until it starts raining.
   photo P9220042_zps7qghhwpj.jpg
 photo P9220043_zpsicppilj6.jpg
 photo P9220044_zps9fxq6yjs.jpg
We have some garden boxes with maters,qukes,squash
 photo P9220045_zpselfebzdp.jpg
And we got a 6' Tractor Supply rooster with a wheelbarrow to greet you.
 photo P9220047_zpsrsgoh7pt.jpg
Gots lots more to report but not now. The feller buncher is in the yard ready to log. And for Shameless we have new 47 year hats coming.......maybe he'll feel more comfortable with one of those for a picture...LOL
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 8:04am
Good to see you back Mel. Was getting a little worried.
Love that porch.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 8:33am
Nice to hear and SEE all the good coming down in your life Mel!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2018 at 8:52am
Thanks for the report Mel. Keep em coming! Darrel
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:39pm
Glad to hear your doing well and house is coming along great. Be safe
Reindeer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reindeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 4:35pm
Great to see the progress on your home.  Nothing more disruptive than losing one.  
Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of the new digs.
67 D15 S2
83 5015
Several Kubotas'                     
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:28pm
Dang That porch is one of my dreams to have. Big old 3 story home I grew up in had 1 sorta like that. Congrats on the progress. I'm thinking we'd sure like to see some pictures of that there feller buncher. We gots some 20 year olds that can do that around here, I'm a hoping to see some of them next 2 weekends.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 11:47pm
whew! thanks for coming back to us Mel! me and lots others was worried about ya! that's a nice "lean to" on the house! lol, room to park mini AC dozers? my old lady....oooops….I mean the loving wife saw one of them big ole roosters at TSC too, it's still there, I figgered someone would steal it if we put it out front here! I might need a new hat soon, I have the others safe in the fifth wheel and wear them when camping! your place is taking shape and looks good so far! still looking forward for more pics. and also want to see yer feller/buncher!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 12:39am
Mel...I could stand for a pic all nekkid, and hang that new hat on the peg in front of me! would that werk for a pic?
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2018 at 3:33pm
HA HA that peg won't even hold a hat

jerbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jerbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2018 at 3:51pm
Beautiful property Mel. So happy for you and your family that you are making this great progress.
thank you for keeping us all in the loop on your status and progress.

Be safe and God Bless you and your family.
HD16DC, Bobcat 863 Turbo, Oliver 1855, John Deere 855,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic