This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H3/HD3 Crawler Loader Bucket Needed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradinNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H3/HD3 Crawler Loader Bucket Needed
    Posted: 15 Mar 2018 at 8:49pm
I'm looking for a H3/HD3 loader bucket.
Thanks in advance.
Brad
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 3:58pm
Old one failed or just worn slick?
Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 6:48pm
I doubt that a bucket from hd4 would fit ?
BradinNC View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradinNC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2018 at 8:59pm
They guy I bought it from a few years back used it to clean manure from his dairy barn. It's rusted out and bent up.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 7:08am
BradinNC-  There is another option to consider if you are unable to find an H3 bucket.  Drott company produced a small 4 N 1 clam bucket that was equipped for use on the  International T-340. The mounting brackets on the Drott are lite and would need to be reinforced/reworked to mount to the loader boom of the H3/HD3.  

Can supply a Drott number if you head in that direction. 

On the H3 and HD3 there were options on the bucket and attachments that could be equipped  as follows:

1. 60" dirt bucket
2. 66" material bucket
3. 80" snow bucket
4. Dozer Blade - yes AC made a dozer blade to pin in place of the bucket -very few produced. 

For Material Handling for use on the H-3 the following were offered:

1. Log and Pulpwood Tine Forks
2. Grapple Hook
3. Pallet Tines
4. Midwestern Manufactured Side Boom for Pipe Laying

Yet another approach would be to go salvage hunting for an Allis I-60 or I-600 as both machines used either a 3/4  or 1 yard struck buckets.  The mounts would need to be re- worked as the out to out dimension of the loader boom on the H-3 - HD3 is narrower than the loader boom on the AC I60. I 600 or I 615.  

HTH's - what a wonderful small crawler the H-3 HD 3's were in there day!

Orangeman

Edited by orangeman - 17 Mar 2018 at 7:35am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2018 at 7:27am
Or you can go the same route I did and rebuild the old bucket. Is intimidating to start but mine is working strong these days.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2018 at 8:38am
Another option is make a face plate to fit on loader arms - then use skid loader attachments on that to have interchangable tool holder . 
 Son has done that for utility tractors and compact tractors - makes a adapter plate to fit machine and they will handle most newer skid steer buckets as they are now universal mount (almost)
 He has also made new buckets IF he has a old bucket to get measurements from - or repair units if there is enough left to have some structure to build from .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic