This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need a little goat info

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:32am
Yes, I believe the goat was obviously bred too young. We are going to continue the force nursing for now. Bottle feeding will be a last resort. Calves grow much better and are healthier if raised by their mother. I'm sure it's no different for goats. And bottle feeding is fun at first, but becomes a chore after a while. Thanks to all for the advice.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:38am
yeesh how'd that BIG kid come outta that LITTLE goat ??
I do hope mama let's the kid drink soon !

I must be getting old, I really like the picture.me, who'd a thunk that

Jay

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 7:48am
Congrats!
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 8:20am
Congratulations! Looks like its up and moving! You may have to nurse it.
Regards,
 Chris

D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
DakotaSteve View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DakotaSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2018 at 12:08pm
PM me your number and I can give u a call if u like....we had sheep and goats....lambs out 150 pure bread ewes every year as well. Spent many sleepless nights working in jan-Feb. Would love to visit if I could help at all.
Harvey/pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harvey/pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2018 at 8:04pm
Never had goats but oldest daughter got some several years ago, one of them does not "own" her kid every year. Daughter holds the mother every few hours for the baby to drink until its big enough to steal from Mom when she is not paying attention or it gets adopted by another goat. It would have left here year one but she is too kind hearted for that, She will keep it up till that goat dies or won't breed anymore. Sure hope you have better luck...Harvey
Ranse View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ranse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2018 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by Harvey/pa Harvey/pa wrote:

Never had goats but oldest daughter got some several years ago, one of them does not "own" her kid every year. Daughter holds the mother every few hours for the baby to drink until its big enough to steal from Mom when she is not paying attention or it gets adopted by another goat. It would have left here year one but she is too kind hearted for that, She will keep it up till that goat dies or won't breed anymore. Sure hope you have better luck...Harvey

My daughter is the same way. Her animals will never be sold because she's afraid someone will eat them. The mama goat seems to be coming around. She allowed the kid to nurse yesterday. They plan to let them out of the shed this weekend and see what happens. My daughter plans to keep both goats. The kid is a male, so he will have to lose his manhood at some point to avoid inter breeding.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:51am
Originally posted by Ranse Ranse wrote:

Originally posted by Harvey/pa Harvey/pa wrote:

My daughter is the same way. Her animals will never be sold because she's afraid someone will eat them. The mama goat seems to be coming around. She allowed the kid to nurse yesterday. They plan to let them out of the shed this weekend and see what happens. My daughter plans to keep both goats. The kid is a male, so he will have to lose his manhood at some point to avoid inter breeding.

Best, to do that little chore, NOW, afore he gets any BIGGER!

Google Elastrator...Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 16 Jan 2018 at 4:52am
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 4:58am
she want 2 more?
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2018 at 7:57am
My wife used to think that she had to have goats, and I developed quite a hatred for them things. Last one we had, got nick named the Tasmanian devil. Stupid thing ran around the place like a whirl wind. Just plain stupid ringy thing. Couldn't keep it contained to save our hide. Would get out of any pen we put it in. Finally got it captured, and put it inside the barn, Four walls and a roof; no way it could escape. WRONG! There was a barn sash window in the outside wall. About five feet from the floor to the bottom of the window. All four panes of glass in tact, plus the wood bars in place. Darn thing must have taken a flying leap and went right through the window. Last time it was seen, was by the neighbors, running wild through their hills. I sincerely hope some hungry coyote enjoyed him for lunch. But truthfully, I don't think a coyote could have caught it, and even if it did, I don't think it could have gotten hungry enough to eat that darn thing. My other goat experiences involved farm insurance and new paint jobs on vehicles. I do not care much for goats. I guess there was one time that a bar I frequented had a "goat bar-B-que", and I had enough beers in me to eat it, and I guess that when you're drunk enough, anything tastes good. My best goat advice is: If you get the opportunity to get some goats, don't walk away from it.........RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!! Darrel
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic