This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

More dozer operating questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: More dozer operating questions
    Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:57pm
I was watching another youtube video. HD6G. Looks to me like this is some lightweight work. But, the old dozer really seems to struggle.
Is the throttle or governor set too low?
Is it just a tired old machine
Or is the sound of the engine rpms completely normal?
[TUBE]iEVIqaTgxy4[/TUBE]
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mathew 7:14
Sponsored Links

michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 10:16pm
I have seen this before and im like poor machine .   That guy has never operated a direct drive or any machine like that. I have dug red clay gravel just like that with a machine like that. So I know what it will do and thats not it.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:40am
As you enter a 'cut' need to begin to curl the bucket back to get a decent load while raising. These machines take both hands, both feet and a GREAT deal of hand/eye/manipulation coordination! My 7G does not work well unless on the rug and using the decal for control as it is torque converter. Steering gets a little sensitive as do the brakes but I was loading hard pan six the eight foot deep into a cut bucket loads, just have to allow the machine to tell you is time to curl back. As make the lowest cuts then can worry of being flat and dressing off the high spots.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 5:43am
That is actually a later model 6G, has the double ended split lifting frame much as my 7G has just naturally aspirated and not being pushed to hard where the apparent Newbie is in need of advice on how to load up. This was a light load as full of roots and vines I had to tear out.

Edited by DMiller - 11 Oct 2017 at 5:44am
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:12am
A operator who needs to learn much - you can push twice what you can carry and 3 times faster - you can load a bucket at full throttle by shearing the bank that he is digging into - then travel at speed to where he is dumping at by just using the bucket and track clutches - without touching the master clutch . 
 No counterweight on a 1 1/2 yard bucket is H on front idler and track . 
Then looks like just about every new owner on a new to them machine - think they can move  mountain by attacking the center of it . You start at the bottom and let gravity work for you also - Or as teeth on the bucket - raise bucket go up to bank - drop teeth into material with down pressure - keep pressure and back up bring material down - return to dig position - drive forward and fill bucket - keeping bucket low - back up and turn to carry low to dump area . OR push material to dump area.
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:39am
MP bucket counterweight on mine is SOOOO handy and accepted for aid!!

The MP was so heavy and awkward, always balancing off idlers, not a good feeling.
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 8:43pm
Maybe this is more like how it should be done?
(viewer caution: it appears that the person recording the video; suspended the camera by a bungee cord).[TUBE]gGSdj-8UAf4[/TUBE]
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mathew 7:14
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2017 at 9:46pm
thats more like it. But hes diging loose soil where the other guy was digging a hard bank
DonBC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonBC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 11:46am
I agree that the operator showed a total lack of experience but the governor could have been a little slow to react as well.
Jack of all trades, master of none
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:48pm
That  first 6g looks like an early hilift to me. The throttle is on left hand side of the dash . It might have the old 344 instead of the 6000 engine.  most of the 6gs with the 6000 engines I have delt with had the throttle on the right side and had a decel pedal. and a cartridge air filter.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2017 at 4:58pm
https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/construction-equipment/for-sale/8618055/1971-allis-chalmers-6g   
I think this is one of the last 6gs .I looked at the machine and its got the offset bigger fuel cap.   its one of those running when parked deals and the saleman just talked about how much a new one would cost. the UC is shot if memory serves me well . it was like 10 years ago when I looked at it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic