This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers HD 11 B (concord)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers HD 11 B (concord)
    Posted: 09 Aug 2017 at 11:27pm
Seen this while looking for the sprockets... 

Allis Chalmers HD 11 B - $1500 (concord)

If it was closer, it might not be on CL anymore.   LOL

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Sponsored Links

Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 6:38am
That man will not answer the ad. He posts that machine about every 6 months and drops the price about $500.00 each time. I've tried every way I can think of to contact him. An earlier ad had a phone number. I called that number every day for a week. No answer. I called from different phones.
Last message I left, I said I would pay his asking price and could be at his house today with cash in hand.  Never answered the messages.
Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Mathew 7:14
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 10:29am
Lots of those ads by those that really do not want to sell, just a Wife appeaser.
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2017 at 11:35am
up,down,tilt left&right,fwd and rev? Is that how you get 6?
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 1:03pm
There is a good map on the ad.  Perhaps a person could Google Earth it and drive to the location and knock on the door of the house,  couldn't be any worse then getting shot...
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 3:22pm
theres some green houses with a name on it . looking at the pics that might be green houses around the dozer

Edited by michale34 - 11 Aug 2017 at 3:24pm
doctorcorey View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 6:37pm
Yeah, these old farts listing stuff and never answering inquiries are about as annoying as other farts stating 'If I don't get my asking price, I'll just load it up and haul it to the scrapper". They probably have an American flag sticker on their import truck. Angry
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

There is a good map on the ad.  Perhaps a person could Google Earth it and drive to the location and knock on the door of the house,  couldn't be any worse then getting shot...

I actually know about where this dozer is. The map on craigslist is in error by 2 miles. I drove down the road that's near it. If I had seen the dozer from the road I would have probably driven down the suspected driveway. I think it's down a dirt, private driveway, about 1/4 mile long. Thats just a wee bit too far for me to justify snooping.

Because narrow is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leads unto life, and few there be that find it.
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug 2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by doctorcorey doctorcorey wrote:

Yeah, these old farts listing stuff and never answering inquiries are about as annoying as other farts stating 'If I don't get my asking price, I'll just load it up and haul it to the scrapper". They probably have an American flag sticker on their import truck. Angry

Takes all kinds. I saw an ad for a collector car. The guy wanted way to much for it. Part of the ad read: "if I don't get my asking price, then I'll cherry it out and then you'll have to pay big bucks to get it".

I felt like calling the guy up and saying, 'hey dude, why are you cheating yourself out of big bucks? Just go ahead and restore it and make the big money on it.'
Ferdinand View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ferdinand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:27pm
Relisted. New batteries and he upped the price. I guess since he invested some money in it , he wants to sell it for real this time.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/hvo/d/ac-hd-11/6331026375.html

Edited by Ferdinand - 05 Oct 2017 at 12:29pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:52pm
Lets see, "Runs Good" but starter is locked up. Hmmm I suspect something else is wrong like engine is seized and he will probably want his money BEFORE the work starts.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 10:58pm
Yeah, it's always the starter or the pony motor bad. Before I drive 100 miles to buy something, I pin em down with, "runs" means it will run when I get there to see it.
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 3:52pm
Looked at a old d4 a while back . man said the pony was out on it but it would run . I hooked a chain up to a 1 ton truck and gave it a shot of either and bam it started alright but it knocked like all get out . he said it sounded like that till it warmed up. I shut it off and told him I would have to think on it .I found out later by another guy that the pony was fine and the guy had hit a stump with the belly pan off and ran it low on oil .he patched the oil pan and replaced the belly pan.
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 4:03pm
Bloke here got a HD 16.  He knew it had an engine oil leak.  On removing the belly pan he found that it had been run without the pan and knocked the front out of the sump.

The "fix" was a steel plate tec screwed on with a gasket made from a beer carton.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 5:10pm
Ran When Parked always come to mind but no way to hear it run. First sign of Not Gonna Buy That One syndrome.

Butthead had a machine for sale before I bought the 7G, was a early 977K, said work ready until I decided to go drive it. He said would start and run but was having some minor steering issues, I backed off. Another guy I knew bought it, had to replace everything in the finals and steering clutches, did get it for a bargain after showing the owner what was wrong(Massive Metal on drain plugs).

Then there was they guy that had my parts machine in Lebanon MO, just needed a little engine work, "Minor Issues" Just needed a head that had been lost to time. Engine block is epoxy patched, oil in coolant still in radiator and cylinders flat rusted together, no head, no turbo or manifolds, no oil coolers. Man what a mess but did have good rails on it and a GP bucket I rebuilt that works Great Now.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doctorcorey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2017 at 7:06pm
When I bought my Massey 203 with 3 cyl Perkins diesel, I drove 100 miles to see this old tractor. This old huckster farmer had assured me that it ran. It had several lines in the fuel system cut I assume to put in a bucket of diesel to make it 'run'. The fuel in the injector lines looked like muddy water. I could never get it to start, but when I tore it down, every piston land and ring was shattered, surely from being ran on ether. That was years ago, and I've learned a lot since then. I bought my 7g that had sat for 8 years, took it home and replaced all the hydraulic lines that had been stripped to fix other tractors, and after servicing the fuel system and freeing up the starter, it fired up so fast it shocked me. Sometimes you get lucky. I someone tells you, 'well, if I get it running I'll want a lot more for it", tell them, 'well, if you get it running I'd pay a lot more for it!'
Semper Fi USMC    1958 HD6G, 1959 MF 203 loader, 1960 Case 420B Backhoe, MF 65 Tractor/Loader Diesel
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:41am
I looked at a massy 135 diesel a few years ago that was on cl for 1500.00 that was suspose to run when parked and just needed a little tlc. drove about 60 miles to where it was at .the man had pulled it up the the barn with a deere and as I inspected it there was a 3 inch hole in the block right close to the starter .I walked around and acted like I didn't see anything and asked him if I could put a battery on it and see if it would turn over .he said im kinda in a hurry and he had people waiting in line to buy it and I was the first to ask and so on and so on .I said I was going to pass and he  acted like I just wasted his time and carrying on. I said you might want to tell the next person in line theres a hole in the block and I got in my truck and came home with a empty trailer.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 8:43am
The bad thing I would have given him a grand for it for parts . but it was the way he was doing business
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:22am
Yes, Very very strange method of doing business especially for this machine.
michale34 View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michale34 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2017 at 9:54am
I have people that try to sell me chainsaws all the time .they say it just needs carb work .do a compression test and its a lot more than carb problems. or it was running when I stopped burning wood a few years back and the saw will have a toasted top end. A guy had a Husqvarna 50 chainsaw at a yard sale Friday I asked what he wanted he said just needs the carb cleaned .I pulled the rope and it felt like the spark plug was missing the compression was so low . he said I been asking 50 but make an offer .I just walked away because all I would have offered was 15-20
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic