This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AGCO Allis 7600, opinions, questions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AGCO Allis 7600, opinions, questions
    Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 9:26am
I've been snooping around, looking for a cab tractor to replace the 200 for spraying. Tractordata.com says it has a 5 cyl. air cooled diesel, is that correct, 5 cyl.? A syncromesh trans with 4 gears in 3 ranges with a high/low for a total of 24 forward speeds. Is a synchromesh trans shiftable on the fly with the clutch? I'm not a big fan of the air cooled engine but the heaviest work this tractor would ever do is pulling a 700 gallon sprayer around.
Any pros or cons, or opinions are welcome. I don't know if I should go look at one or run from it!
Leon B
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
Sponsored Links

tornado8070 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tornado8070 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 11:38am
Ive drove one and planted for neighbor the year he as laid up. They are buggers to shift, to put it in kind words. If you buy one make sure the brakes work if you need them. Parts are worth their weight in gold.
09’ DT205B, 08’ DT220A, 83' 8070 MFWD, 83’ 8070 85’ 8050 MFWD, 83' 8030, 82' 8010, 85’ 6080 MFWD, 84’ 6080, 79' 7020, 85' M3 RWD, 85' 920 diesel,AC C-50 forklift.
Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 12:24pm
Run!
injpumpEd View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote injpumpEd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 1:52pm
It is a typical Italian tractor. They are the SAME tractors, right? 
210 "too hot to farm" puller, part of the "insane pumpkin posse". Owner of Guenther Heritage Diesel, specializing in fuel injection systems on heritage era tractors. stock rebuilds to all out pullers!
Leon B MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leon B MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 2:01pm
Yes. Built in Italy.
Looks like I'll keep looking.
Leon B
Uncle always said "Fill the back of the shovel and the front will take care of itself".
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2017 at 4:15pm
I'd run from it. Best to keep looking. Or put a cab on your 200.
kinghunter View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kinghunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2017 at 3:52am
I've run a agco allis 7600 for several years now. never once gave me a problem shifting on fly. its my primary baling tractor matter of fact. you can put 100 4x6 bales up on 2/3 tank of fuel. the only complaint I have with tractor is hard to start if below 30 degrees. I have 7000 a 8010 couple 190's several smaller tractors. and I find myself using that agco a lot. if its in Missouri and your not interested pm me where its at I would take another one for pulling disc mower.

Edited by kinghunter - 19 Jan 2017 at 3:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic