This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mounting Plow on a B

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mounting Plow on a B
    Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 6:33pm
I need some help on parts to mount a plow on my B. This what I need that I know of. I need the clevis type holder that the front of the plow attaches to the front draw bar. Not sure if I have all the right parts for the round bar that attaches to the seat frame. I have two different size shafts, can anyone help me please am puzzled thanks Dave
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 7:05pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Chalmersbob View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chalmersbob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 9:31pm
Steve(Ill) that plowlooks like it is mounted too far back. The plow drawbar should be attached to the front the the gear case. It looks like it is attached at the same point as the pluuing drawbar. Bob
4 B's, 1 C's,3 CA's, 2 G's WD, D14, D15, B-1, B10, B12, 712S,
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2016 at 10:53pm
Bob, I have to agree.  The plow drawbar mounts to the front attachment mounting setup rather than the drawbar mounting setup.
Sharp eyes.
However, I hope DaveWis sees the rear hookup for guidance 
Good Luck!
Bill Long
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2016 at 6:15pm
Thanks for the posts. Does anyone have anymore pictures of the mounting on the B. Also I still need the pieces to put this on my B. Can someone help me out. Thanks Dave
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 4:54pm
bump
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 6:42pm
Dave, I am no expert on the B plow, but I bought one and mounted on my B. I removed the plow and installed a 5 ft wide blade in its place. The lift mechanism in the back is the same. There is also a handle by  your left hand to raise the front up and down. I removed than and installed a fixed link. Here are some photos. Maybe others can add info that you need, or you can point out parts that are missing.

View of the rear lift

Edited by steve(ill) - 27 Oct 2016 at 7:02pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 6:51pm
The 2.5 inch pipe running at a 45 degree angle in the photo above is not factory.. That is a brace to the corner of my blade.. Below are photos taken from the front wheels looking backward under the tractor.

In the above photo you can see the center pin that holds the beam to the cross bracket. Note the bracked hinges at the final drive cases. The bracket can be raised or lowered a few inches with the hand lever.

Foot step is center right of page.. to the far right is a fixed vertical bar to hold the cross bar in one position. The hand lift lever would replace this.

Edited by steve(ill) - 27 Oct 2016 at 7:05pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2016 at 7:07pm
The front cross arm can be raised up and down with the hand lift. I think this slides over the 2 x 2 foot rest and bolts on. Extension arm goes down to attach to the cross arm.

DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 12:23pm
That helped a lot Thanks. What I need is the hitch clevis type piece that holds the plow to the front draw bar. Also I need the piece on the back on the side where the little cylinder fits that holds the pipe up. Hope someone has those two pieces .Thanks Dave
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 3:47pm
Dave,  When you get the plow mounted can we see pictures?
Good Luck!
Bill Long
DaveWisc. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveWisc. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2016 at 4:22pm
This will be a while before I get this finished. Thanks for all the help.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic