This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD5 Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeperfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD5 Question
    Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 9:04pm
How much weight can an HD5G safely carry on its back?  I just picked-up a smokin deal on a Kelley B70 3-point backhoe with  the intention of adapting it to fit my track-loader, but I'm concerned the 2,000 lb weight might be too much for the Allis axles and bearings.
Sponsored Links

Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2015 at 10:17pm
It should handle it well - only problem will be to mount you will need to remove counter weights from HD5 and use a tool carrier of some type to mount onto back case . 
 Another problem is the HD 5 hyd pump might not be high enough pressure for hoe , the flow rate of 5 G is 32 GPM but at about 1200 to 1500 lb pressure .
 Rear axles on the 5 have 3 sets of bearings - outside at the truck frame - inside at case by sprocket and inside under machine - outboard of rear case . 
 My HD4 only had 2 sets of bearings at sprocket and inside under machine and I had a AC 650 backhoe on that . 

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 29 Jul 2015 at 10:17pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
creeperfreak View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote creeperfreak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2015 at 8:50pm
Thanks, Coke. Youre right about the hydraulics, Kelley calls for a min. pump out-put of 2000psi/6-9gpm.  The ideal solution here would be a two section pump, but i'll probably mount a second pump to handle the backhoe.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2015 at 7:42am
Another way would be to take hydreco pump and replace it with higher pressure pump - then use diverter valve or relief valve for loader frame and separate one on hoe . 
 OR larger cylinder bore on new hoe to work at lower pressure . 

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
partswapper View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote partswapper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2015 at 6:25pm
hey coke quick question on a hd5b just put all new steering clutches soup to nuts . I recently picked up a pto driven winch . wanted to try and find pto shaft assy and install before I put fuel
and and all back on. also need bearing info for the steering levers any Ideas? any help much appreciated
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2015 at 3:36pm
The bearings on the control levers should be available from a bearing supply house. I replaced mine with "oilite" bushings. I have also replaced other bearings and bushings by making them from teflon or delren.
I recently repaired a steering cylinder that I could not get parts for by making the piston seals.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic