This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis 715B loader backhoe manual question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEK715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis 715B loader backhoe manual question
    Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 7:16am
Hello,
I just bought one that is from MINNPAR and still sealed in the plastic bag. It says its 290 something pages. I haven't received it yet to know for sure. Does that sound like the complete service manual to you?
Is it true the 715 didn't change much throughout the years, and even if my manual was printed later than my machine I should be fine?
Thanks
Sponsored Links

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 10:14am

There were some changes from one series to the next. I had a 715 for ten years and then got a 715B 27 years ago which I still have. The 'B' series has a self leveling loader bucket, a soft shift transmission, floor mount loader control, and a different shape front rad surround. Other then that they are basicly the same. The 'C' series was the same as the 'B' but with the Allis 200 cu.in 2200 series engine with a turbo. The CDI 'D' series had a Cummins engine. 715 TLB were component machines with a Perkins engine, Borg&Beck transmission, and a complete Ford rear end. My dealer used to say that A-C used the best parts from each of their competitors machines and put it together to build the very best. 715's were a tough reliable machine with few problems.

Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
JayIN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 10:49am
A guy not too far from here has one on Criagslist for $8500. Looks pretty good. 715B. That price seems pretty strong given the machine's age and parts availibility........just seems pretty high....
sometimes I walk out to my shop and look around and think "Who's the idiot that owns this place?"
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 2:15pm
I bought my 715B in 87 - 82 year machine - It had 2,000 hours on it and was municipal owned - after I bought it from JD dealer here they gave me the name of previous owner,  I called them and arranged to pick up all service records from machine from day 1 , also got transmission overhaul kit and filters they had in stock . 
 I paid $9,500 for the machine and since then have put new rear tires on it . 
yes the bucket is self leveling but to see angle for digging there is a rod on bucket cylinder as it does not have return to dig leveling .
 Parts and service manual I got from city also and is a 3 ring binder about 4" thick .

Edited by Coke-in-MN - 25 Feb 2015 at 2:22pm
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2015 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by JayIN JayIN wrote:

A guy not too far from here has one on Criagslist for $8500. Looks pretty good. 715B. That price seems pretty strong given the machine's age and parts availibility........just seems pretty high....
If it checks out to be in good overall condition it's worth $8500. Of course human nature has it that we wish to get it for less. I'm starting to notice that older machines in really good condition are harder and harder to find. The benefit here is when some old timer parts with a machine that was well cared for but the $ numbers in his mind are out dated. When you need a good machine but can't find one you're forced to go out and spend big money. If you smell a good deal don't procrastinate.
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
NEK715 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NEK715 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 6:37am
Mine has the self leveling and floor mounted loader control.
However on my serial plate it says 715B And might even say TLB first.... on the very first line. But in the box that says model it says 715D.
I have always purchased parts for a 715B and they fit perfectly. I also look up pictures of 715B tractors and they are an exact match.
here is a pic I too of my machine.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 8:56am

My 715B - D machine with the full cab and with Digmore extend hoe so 14' hoe but extended will dig 17 1/2 ft .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2015 at 9:01am
I believe i posted the pictures on here of the pump support bracket I made for the hyd pump . the machine has a problem in pump will crack the front housing on engine from vibration and strain - using the support bracket it will solve that problem . 
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 11:35am

This is my 715B retired to farm duty. I built a quick attach system using two pins for the loader. Bucket-stone fork-forklift forks. Custom axle extension and 16.9 x 28 duals from D-17IV's

Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 1:58pm
Great stone bucket! Did you build that yourself too? 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2015 at 6:53pm
The stone bucket is a Houle built in Canada  -- 96" heavy duty.  Haven't met a stone that I couldn't make disappear. Either pick up or bury.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic