This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC/Tractomotive TL-16 Service Manual

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC/Tractomotive TL-16 Service Manual
    Posted: 27 Jan 2015 at 8:02am
Did Allis release a factory service manual for the machine.  

I seem to come up with Operators and Parts manuals. 

Since the machine was built into the 60's would seem like they would have issued a manual for them.  

TIA- Orangeman
Sponsored Links

orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 11:48am
Ok so this seems to be a mystery... no service manuals for any of the  Allis Tracto Loaders. 

Would think with the number of TL series that Allis Engineering and Service Division would have put something down. 

What I am looking for is who manufactured the Transmission I am thinking they were Allison 3 speeders.  3 Forward and 1 reverse.  Could use any insights on this detail. 

Thank -You...

Orangeman
Dozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 1:12pm
The loader parts are in the HD?G manuals.
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2015 at 2:31pm
Dozer - thanks for the reference I see the loader parts are similar.  The TL-16 is a 4 wheel drive rear steer loader.  
iceberg210 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iceberg210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2015 at 7:33pm
Contact General Gear, they have a few different manuals for the TL16.
http://www.tractorparts.com/allis_chalmers.htm

orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 4:00pm
Iceberg- thanks for the good contact!

Orangeman
orangeman View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2015 at 6:22pm
Iceberg - Called John Parks at General Gear - no service manual for the TL-16 - Dang. 

Back in the hunt....someone must have serviced these machines.  
beanking View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beanking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2015 at 1:09pm
Eric B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2015 at 11:17pm
I found my brochures covering TL 16. In your first post you were wondering about attachments...you could get from the factory - a backhoe (rear mounted) - a grapple - a dozer blade - a winch. It seems to me in some other literature possibly a cable laying attachment...if I'm wrong that was only a bulldozer att. The transmission in the TL 16 is an Allison 3 speed fwd and 3 speed reverse. The full weight of the machine is 19400 lbs. The lift capacity is 17000 lbs. 
Currently- WD,WC,3WF's,2 D14's B. Previously- I 600,TL745,200,FL9,FR12,H3,816 LBH. Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic