This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New to me H3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New to me H3
    Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 6:53pm
Sorry but no pics as of yet, but I just got home (sunday) with my new to me H3 loader with backhoe,   hadnt ran in a few years but yesterday (I thought it was locked up as we couldnt turn it by hand) I hooked a set of jumpers on it and low and behold she whirlled over,  checked the points and cleaned rotor and cap and squirted a littled either in the carb and she fired,  put some gas in it and replaced fuel line and she fired up , filled up the hyd tank and raised outriggers and boom and loader bucket, unchained it and backed it off the trailer,  clickey clacked it around a little bit,  I am Happy Happy Happy,    I need to replace the manifold, rebuild the carb, probally clean fuel tank and pump, do a little sheetmetal work, probally a few hyd hoses and we will see what she'll do.  we have 5 of theser little buggers now, I just really like them,  got this one for 1840 dollars and have a little over 100 bucks in fuel and 2 trailer tires in it as of now but I dont think thats too bad

Edited by dustinmo - 23 Jan 2015 at 6:18pm
Sponsored Links

Randaleky View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Randaleky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 7:56pm
SOUNDS OK TO ME
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 8:38pm
Good Deal!  Did the trailer come with it?  Have fun.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2015 at 8:50pm
No that was the d15 I got the other day in indy   (totally kidding)
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 10:53am
I can see you were probably wearing a grin that would take plastic surgery to remove! Darrel
BradRisen View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BradRisen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2015 at 11:53am
We Need Pictures!!!!!   I Want one!!!
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 6:19pm
I put you a couple pic on here
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2015 at 7:17pm
That's a neat little machine. You did good. Be nice to have one.
sandman2234 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandman2234 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 7:20am
I could use one to get unstuck!! Good deal, nice, really nice!
David from jax
A proud member of the Allis Express movement!
               Northeast Florida
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 6:22pm
Dustin, just a question. You said you have 5 of them. Do you work all of them or stand back and admire them.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2015 at 11:50pm
I was wondering about the WD in the background that seems to be sinking into the ground.  Isn't it a Diesel?  Something wrong with it?
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 12:10am
one is torn down for complete rebuild, engine tranny rear as all hyds have already been done as well as clutches and brakes, when we started to use it NO 2nd or 3rd gear and she smoked like a trojan.   its a 6way,   another h3 hasnt been used in a couple years its a loader with 3pt, last time I tried I was digging a pond out and it just wanted to sink as was a little too heavy,  so traded neighbor some backhoe time for some trackhoe time, I used my loader to move some stuff for him and I used a hoe he borrowed to dig my pond out.   another has a shuttle issue, its a loader with a winch runs great just doesnt want to move all the time  just havent has any time to fix and last is the little hd3  never even tried to start it was told it ran but just loaded it up and unloaded it at home,   its a loader with rear weights,   will probally get torn apart so I can put engine in a d15 and torque tube swapped with shuttle problem one,  they are just too small to do any real work, just like looking at them.   dad has a hd11 if we need to work and we have a d grader when we need to blade something, as well as a couple 615 backhoes if we need to dig, so I guess they are really just something to look at,  I just really like ac stuff dont care what it is just as long as its allis

here is the little 6 way blade one when we had it torn apart for all 20 some hyd hoses, new clutches, steels, throwout bearings, seals in rear and brakes,
here is the one with shuttle issues
and here is the hd3

I dont think I have a pic of the one at my place

dustinmo View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustinmo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 12:16am
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

I was wondering about the WD in the background that seems to be sinking into the ground.  Isn't it a Diesel?  Something wrong with it?
it isnt sinking the grass has just grown up around it,  total overhaul on the 230 fired it up and ran great, shut it off started bolting parts back on and fired it up and went to missing on #1 pulled inj and had lost tip, put other inj in and still nothing,  puking raw fuel out exaust,  thinking tip stuck in valve seat???  made me mad so there she sits will probally get back on it someday,   almost took a bfh to it one day and dad talked me out of it
Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 7:15am
Like your pics. And I'm with you'ya can't beat an allis. My son-in-law has a D grader and I love to use it. Cleaned ditches out this fall till it got to wet. It's a gas & we talked about putting a diesel in it but the gas is in good shape so I think we'll leave it the way it is.

Dgrader View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dgrader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2015 at 4:28pm
Dustin if you're lookin for another H3 just saw one on St Louis craigslist. Said it was in Sullivan Mo. It's got quite the operators seat.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic