This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel pump for a 1969 HD 11G

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zepppfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel pump for a 1969 HD 11G
    Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 3:48pm
I am looking for a fuel pump for a 1969 Allis Chalmers HD 11G dozer. I had someone take the injectors off and there's just a trickle of fuel coming out. I don't know if there's more than 1 pump, but I'd like to get this beast running. It wants to run on starting fluid, there is new diesel in the tank. The serial number is HD11-GC-9037 and another number on the plate is 10-13168. If there are fuel filters, where would they be located? This crawler is rare, from the research that I've done. Also, I would like info on where to buy a new air filter as well. Thank you
Sponsored Links

gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2024 at 5:13pm
The 11 G could have 2 model fuel pump ROOSA MASTER  and AMERICAN BOSCH and the fuel filters ar near the injection pump in canisters
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 7:04am
hopefully its the roosa cause the american bosch (AMBAC) have unobtanium parts inside and good pump are getting harder to find
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
zepppfan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zepppfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 3:28pm
Well, let's hope it's the ROOSA pump, then. Is there a part number for either pump that I need when looking these up? And how hard are they to get off?
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2024 at 5:00pm
The Roosa-Master pump is a rotary unit and the fuel lines mount on the rear of the pump in a circular fashion. The American Bosch pumps are also a rotary unit and the fuel lines go into the top. 

Neither are hard to remove but you don't just unbolt it and go as there are specific procedures to follow to the letter. 

Edited by Codger - 24 Feb 2024 at 5:37pm
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 6:02am
The ROSA MASTER part number 4354963 and the AMERICAN BUSCH 4336339
zepppfan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zepppfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 4:45pm
I'm not finding anything for the fuel pumps. If anyone has a good link to the fuel pump or pumps that I need, would you please provide the links so that I can check them out and make sure that I get the right part. I'd like to get this beast going this spring. Thank you.Smile
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2024 at 4:54pm
Can you send your injection pump picture on forum
zepppfan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zepppfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 12:12pm
I tried, but even when I compressed the files, it's still too large to post the photo. Any suggestions how to post a photo? And any luck on locating the proper fuel pumps for this beast?
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2024 at 12:57pm
Rt. click your photo and cursor down to where it says "open with" and click on that. You should see a drop down menu listing available photo editing software. I use "Picture Manager" which is a Microsoft product. Open with this and when the photo opens in the top bar click "Edit", then "Resize". A box will open on the screen and resize the photo to the second box down and the photo will fit easily.

This site is not the easiest to work with pertaining to photos for sure.
A career built on repairing and improving engineering design deficiencies, shortcomings, and failures over 50 years now.
zepppfan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zepppfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 6:38pm
 Well this is a pain. OK the serial number on the top of the panel, since it won't even accept a 447 kb photo, is HD11-GC-9037. The numbers under that on the plate are 10-13168. I hope that someone can find some fuel pumps, and possibly the air filter for this beast. Thank you
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2024 at 7:19pm
Which pump looks like yours?

HD6 Merv View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6 Merv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2024 at 11:44pm
I would expect that earlier HD11 serial number will be a Bosch  PSB pump.
Everything under HD11, 10000 were AC10000 engines, except for earlier ones with HD516 had American Bosch PSB pumps
And yes parts for them are like rocking horse poo
Roosa pumps were only on later HD11  after about 13000 or so

Edited by HD6 Merv - 23 Feb 2024 at 11:48pm
tits tyres and tracks

they all cost you money
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2024 at 3:13am
[QUOTE=HD6 Merv]I would expect that earlier HD11 serial number will be a Bosch  PSB pump.
Everything under HD11, 10000 were AC10000 engines, except for earlier ones with HD516 had American Bosch PSB pumps
And yes parts for them are like rocking horse poo
Roosa pumps were only on later HD11  after about 13000 or so

[/QUOTE

Hi Merv; I believe you are correct. Though a hopeful stretch, slight chance exists the tractor has been repowered in it's lifetime with a later engine? We've not really received any leading indicators for positive identification yet.
zepppfan View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zepppfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 12:14pm
My grandfather bought in about 1980 from the Rock Island landfill, so then it was only about 11-12 years old. He never changed out the motor as far as I know, it's all original. I just want it to run to pull out tree stumps and do some heavy work around the farm. 
If it is an early model, as per the serial number plate, then it might be a lost cause. Also, does it have 2 fuel pumps? I know it has a primer pump, but are there 2 fuel pumps for operations?
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2024 at 5:37pm
You are saying it has the PSB American Bosch injection pump? The fuel lines exit the pump at the top as the first photo posted denotes? if so there are a few things to check but need to ascertain what you actually have before going much further.

There is only a single injection pump and either a pump mounted, or remote mounted fuel transfer pump that pulls fuel from the tank and pressurizes the hydraulic section of the injection pump. Those statements apply to most anything out there so let's ascertain what you have.

PM me and I'll give you an email address to shoot photos to. This site until used to is a PIA to post photos to. Many have problems.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic