This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Unknown pump type thing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unknown pump type thing
    Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 6:30pm
Good evening Guys ,
    You all have been very helpful for me in the last few months  for which I thank you all again .
    A new question if I may .--- After I finally got the " radiator guard" tipped forward and began the process of trying ( not successful yet ) to get the radiator out , I figured I'd replace all the hoses and belts .
    I then noticed the large pump of some sort attached to the front of the tractor . Pulled out every book I've bought and could not find such a pump on any picture any where .No idea what it is ? Has 2 fairly large ( maybe one inch ) lines ( one on each side ) coming out of it and disappearing back into the bowels of the engine compartment going I know not where .
    That pump appears to be driven by a short shaft and a universal joint back to the front of the fan housing .
    If I sound like I have no idea about what I'm doing --- its because I don't .
    How do I replace the belts with out removing that "What-ever-it-is" ?
    Thanks in advance for any help .
      Mac McGrail       maccountry22640@yahoo.com 
Mac McGrail
Sponsored Links

dustydoo View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dustydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 7:13pm
what model are you working on?
maccountry View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccountry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 7:42pm
Hello , again ,
    I apologize for being a complete idiot .
    Its a HD11B serial # 2675  ( 1955-57 era I think ) .
    It suddenly dawned on me that it isn't in any of the books I have because the books are all about the "Tractor" it self .
    There fore it has to be about the blade and there fore it has to be the hydrolic pump !!
    I think ??
    If so --- am I going to have to remove it just to get new belts on it and in order to remove it am I going to have to loosen and or remove the 2 large hoses and if so am I going to loose all my hydrolic fluid ???
    I always am thankful for the help you guys offer .
      Mac McGrail    maccountry22640@yahoo.com 
Mac McGrail
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 8:54pm
yes that is your hydraulic pump for the blade.  you should be able to unbolt the pump and slide it or the coupler away from the crank pulley,  you should not have to lose any oil.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 12:37am
Engine driven Hydraulic pump , should be able to get clearance to slide belts into place after loosening pump without removing hyd lines .

Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2014 at 4:43am
The joint should be bolted to flange on front pully dumper and am't sure if you remove the bolts you could push the joint on side pump and you should have room for removed the belts
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 12:43pm
Hopefully this isn't to far from the topic of this thread.

I have an 11E serial 8878. I found, in the parts manual, cartridge kit #631828 which is listed under hydraulic steering control.

Am I correct that this filter assembly is hiding in front of the radiator?
Does this assembly filter all hydraulic fluid? (blade, steering, wet clutch)?

Thanks
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 3:32pm
No, filter under radiator is for dozer hydraulics only, is separate from tractor steering system.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 3:39pm
Steering system on early HD11E has its own tiny reservoir under the hood.  I don't remember anything about the steering filter, lines run from little reservoir to pump under injection pump, then to steering valve under seat.
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 5:44pm
The 631828 oil filter is for wet stering cluch not for the blade
gemdozer View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemdozer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2014 at 6:08pm
I forget the filter in front radiator is coolant element kit
Gargoyle View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gargoyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2014 at 10:46am
I found what I think is the filter for the hydraulic. I removed the guard on the front of the dozer. Looking at the front of the dozer, its on the left side of the pump. It's a round housing with a plug on the end. The housing is about 5 inches long and about 4 inches diameter and bolts on with a flange that looks like it has 3 bolts. This looks to me like a filter housing. 

Is this the filter for the hydraulics? Would anyone know a part number for it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic