This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

844 Cranks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 844 Cranks
    Posted: 26 Aug 2014 at 9:22pm
 A friend inherited some Allis parts when he bought a shop in town, including 2 or 3 crankshafts for 844 engines and an HD21 U blade.  I can find out more info if someone is interested- one of the cranks has been ground down for sure.
Sponsored Links

big al View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 7:01am
there should be a casting # on the cranks(on the counter weights) they made several variations.the underground cranks are tricky because some underground bearings are no longer available.
Lazyts View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lazyts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2014 at 8:27pm
Any bearings are getting hard to come by...  for the 516 engines anyway.  I've never worked on an 844.
CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 7:12am
I think the bearings from Approximately 1962 when they went to the 4 valve head on the 844's  (1600H)  all the way up to 4w-305 engines are all the same journal size and can be had without too much effort. i suppose there are variations with different power levels i dont know, but the early 3 valve engines (16000, 21000) and lanova 844's   much harder to come by because the journals are smaller.  personally i love the big allis crawlers but i would not want to go through another overhaul or bearings on an early motor.
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
big al View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big al Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2014 at 7:04pm
IF I REMEMBER RIGHT THERE ARE 2 DIFFERENT SIZE LOCATING DOWELS FOR THE MAIN BEARINGS,SO YOU HAVE TO WATCH THE BEARINGS YOU BUY.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic