This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HD 41 and other tracked machines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HD 41 and other tracked machines
    Posted: 08 Apr 2014 at 9:42pm
they featured tracks at Pioneer Power, Albany, MN last September
Allis hd41 carrying a Cletrac F, Cat 10 with hand lift dozer on the back. Allis on top and a Vaughn WS on the ground.
 marv in minn
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Sponsored Links

Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 7:06am
Cool picture!  I was lucky enough to see a 41B at work in PA a few years ago. It is a beast!
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
Andrew_D View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew_D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 8:52am
Originally posted by Calvin Schmidt Calvin Schmidt wrote:

Cool picture!  I was lucky enough to see a 41B at work in PA a few years ago. It is a beast!

What's going on with the far corner of that blade? Looks like the corner is torn up? Or maybe I need another cup of coffee before I look at it again?

Andrew

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 7:11pm
Looks like it needs some remedial sledge hammer and buzz box work...
Calvin Schmidt View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Calvin Schmidt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 8:26pm
At the time the mine owner was running about 8 or 9 41's with another 20 or so parts machines.      This 41B was almost 40 years old and was in need of some TLC. It was working with a D-10N which looked small beside the 41B.  I was told that the mine was sold a few years ago and all the 41B's were scrapped out by the new owner.
Nothing is impossible if it is properly financed
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2014 at 9:18pm
the dozer blades get thin on the front and the fix was to add 5/8 inch thick rolled plates to the front and weld on. You can see the added plates in the picture. They only go about 2/3 of the way up the blade. If you look on the left corner you can see the lower edge is starting to wear thru again and collect dirt... On the right the cover plate has actually worn all the way thru and the thin edge has started to roll out away from the blade.  Thats not uncommon when the cover plate gets worn down to 1/8 inch thick. Not much can stand up to 500 HP and 80 tons of tractor.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2014 at 9:24pm
I gotta run one of them beasts before I die. Guess you could say that "running an HD41" is on my bucket list. Darrel
chumduffy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumduffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2014 at 7:32am
Originally posted by darrel in ND darrel in ND wrote:

I gotta run one of them beasts before I die. Guess you could say that "running an HD41" is on my bucket list. Darrel

We had a FD50, it was a real monster!!! We have a TD 40C Drestta now for our big tractor but it not the same. I miss the FD50!! I liked it, until it was stuck!!    Chum..
chumduffy View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chumduffy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2014 at 9:34pm
Here is a picture of my Daughter Jamie and I we just moved our FD50 onto a coal reclamation job in Slippery Rock,PA and yes shoveling the tracks every night in the winter really stinks!!

JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2014 at 1:34am
75 or 80 tons of machine?
  That was a nice looking machine there.
Nice pics...
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic