[Main Page] [Owners Registry] [Allis Store] [Parts Etc.]
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NY Farm Show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARK W (NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NY Farm Show
    Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 9:49pm
New York Farm show  is on thru this Saturday in Syracuse at the state Fairgrounds  Anyone on here going. We will be there on Saturday Morning.
Its a Great Life if you don't weaken
Sponsored Links

Rayhowling View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayhowling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 10:46pm
My wife Sheila and I were at the Farm Show today and met  a lot of interesting people. We enjoyed the show and am going back tomorrow to see the rest of the show, spent to much time talking with a lot of interesting people. The New York Antique club had some tractors and a group of members there. The FFA restored a Allis Chalmers model U, I think it was a 1936.
Mark, when you go on Saturday have a look at the U. One of the people that helped restore this tractor asked me why there is a hole in the hood on the opposite side of the exhaust pipe. I did not know why and would you look at this tractor and post your answer on this site as I would like to know what the reason for the hole?
Protrucker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Protrucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 10:51pm
I thought about going up today, but worked in the shop instead.
"ALLIS EXPRESS"
Allis Chalmers 1944 B, 1949 B, D14, WC
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2014 at 11:03pm
Originally posted by Rayhowling Rayhowling wrote:

One of the people that helped restore this tractor asked me why there is a hole in the hood on the opposite side of the exhaust pipe.

Did the hole look like the one in this picture? About in line with the front of the block and on the right side.
http://www.nyffafoundation.org/uploads/9/3/4/3/9343858/5291712_orig.jpg
The hole you see in this picture is where the gas tank bolted in. The big tank in the back would be for distillate fuel.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 20 Feb 2014 at 11:04pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx,1938 B2xx, 1950 WD, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
Don Jr NY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don Jr NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 4:17am
Went yesterday as it was my day off from work. Alot of stuff to see as they have six buildings full. They will be drawing the winner for the restored U on Friday night. Saw several people I know including MikeZ from the website here.  Don Jr.
Rayhowling View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rayhowling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 7:40pm
The picture that is above is exactly like the U at the New York Farm Show. One big hole and 3 small bolt holes. Thanks for posting the picture, looks just like the one at the show.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2014 at 9:44pm
I found that picture doing a google search and SCCS FFA I believe is in New York. Could it be the same tractor?
 The hole is where the gas starter tank went.

Edited by CTuckerNWIL - 21 Feb 2014 at 9:48pm
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx,1938 B2xx, 1950 WD, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
MARK W (NY) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MARK W (NY) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2014 at 8:22pm
Yes that is the same tractor
Its a Great Life if you don't weaken
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic