This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

two row corn planter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 8:58am

Don   I tried to load pics on there but they were too big.  I could e-mail them too you to verify the part.  He said there were two styles made of this part.  Let me know if these are what you have I'd certainly be interested.

There is a number on the side of the shoe (which sits behind the discs on each side) is 335845, I'm assuming this is a part number.

The second parts he is looking for is a disc with teeth on that sits at the bottom of the fertilizer bin.  The number on it is 312477. 

He said that he had the manual and parts book for it several years ago but isn't sure where it is.

Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links

GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:05am
Those parts should still be available from AGCO. But pricey..... I paid $90 for new shoes a couple yrs ago, can't recall what I got into the fertilizer parts...
tomdavison View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomdavison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 1:51pm
I recently purchased a two row planter.  I live 40 miles north of Williamsport Pa.  I have not had a chance to look it over.  I am away in Arizona for a couple of months.  I need to have a hitch made for a B.  No row markers and fertilizer boxes have been replaced with fiberglass boxes.  Hope to use it next year
GlenninPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlenninPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 2:00pm
Tom,

PM me when you get home. I have the B hitch on mine, can send pictures or might even bring it over to visit? Hope you enjoy AZ!

Glenn
EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by DSG DSG wrote:

My 83 year old grandfather who still actively farms told me that his planter needs a few parts.  He needs the fertilizer shoes (i guess that's what they are called) and I think the plates.  I have searched the net like crazy and haven't been able to find anything.  He is the Williamsport, PA area.  I have pics if that would help identify the parts.  Used to be a place between Danville and Muncy that had alot of this stuff but I don't think they are in business anymore.   Any help would be appreciated.

Hello DSG, First of all welcome, I live in Turbotville and the place you are referring to is probably Nichols farm equipment on the other side of Jerseytown and they are still an Agco dealer. However for these parts Jr. Fry at Fry's equipment behind Pennsdale would have these parts
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 6:08pm
DSG is the part you are looking for on this page, Maybe the fertilizer divider?
I will look at the feed plates for the part # and post what I have in them lather.
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 6:15pm
DSG, Are you needing the feed plates on this pic what you are talking about?
Don
3 WD45's with power steering,G,D15 fork lift,D19, W-Speed Patrol, "A" Gleaner with a 330 corn head,"66" combine,roto-baler, and lots of Snap Coupler implements to make them work for their keep.

DSG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:41pm
Don
DSG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:44pm
Don
Thanks for the diagrams.  It is the divider that I was looking for but it's not of that design.  I think my grandfather said the planter was about 40 years old.  But not sure when it was manufactured.  Those are the feed plates I was talking about.  There is a piece underneath with three long metal teeth.

I'll try to get a pic up.
DSG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:54pm
DSG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:57pm
GlenninPA and Eric PA,

Thanks for the info.  As kids I remember one in Jerseytown where he got parts not sure if it's still open.  I'll have to look.  Thanks for all your help.  Sorry the pics are so large.
DSG View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2010 at 11:58pm
Don(MO) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 7:02am
OK now I know you have gate type fertilizer units on the planter. I posted pics of the gear type units sorry about that.
I'll look for the right parts in the shop and get back to you later on today.
Don

EricPA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EricPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 8:12am
Hello Tom,
I get through Canton weekly with my feed delivery job, sure was a quiet area BEFORE the gas drilling started. If you need the row markers I have a set for sale. Eric
Bill Long View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Long Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2010 at 11:51am
You know, this is one OLD post.  Did you check the first entry FEBRUARY 2010.
When I saw it come up again I thought I had replied some time ago.  I never realized that it was some 4 months ago.  We were probably deep in snow then.
Good Luck!
Bill Long
Bkamusic View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bkamusic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2020 at 7:42pm
I know this is an old post, but do you still have any of the feetilizer gears and boxes for a two row snap couple planter. Thanks.
breedman View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote breedman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 2:34am
I'm also looking for a pair of fertilizer dividers for my 3 point Allis planter.They are a little wore out at the bottom and always plugs up with dirt 
175D 170D 170G D17 (2)D15 WD45
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic